S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys check it out, i got a question and i have no idea where to post it, i figure this area gets a ton of travel....... ANYWAY. i'm from jersey originally, lived there till i was 15 (im 20 now). and the subject of moving back east has come up. now i would like to live in either jersey or PA, like langhorne or something, cause thats not too far from trenton (where i lived). but what my question is, am i gonna have problems with my truck? besides potholes, bad roads, snow, etc. i mean legal issues, like inspection etc. my truck is bagged, stepnotched, clears up front, altezzas in back (planning on shaving the tails soon)..... its got a turndown before the axle, an intake, and all the handles are shaved...... so what potential problems am i facing? im woried about not being able to pass inspection in nj, i've heard that Pensy isnt an inspection state, is that true? i dont really wanna move to NY..... nj and pa are pretty much what im thinkin' so any advice as to where is minitrucker friendly and things to look out for would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I don't know since I don't live there, but I've heard PA is a terrible state for window tint... everyone I know that has had windows tint that lived in PA has gotten hassled about it. It might depend where in the state you are though, so I'd maybe find some local truck/car clubs in the area where you want to go and see what they say.

DogP

·
I'm Lost
282 Posts
Some of the problems you would have would be the shaved handles and the turndown(you have to have a tail pipe to pass inspection). Also pa dose do inspections but tint on the front windows is legal, its not in jeresy. If you ask aournd you can probaly find a place that you can buy an inspection sticker from, I know of 1 place about 20 minutes from me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yo beetle juice i live inthe subs of philly and i dont htink youll have any prob with your truck except the roads suck..... my truck passed inspection fine my trucks bagged and i have clear lights and i have clear tailights and they passed its all depends on where u go.........pa does have inspection and emmissions unless you r movin to northen pa then they dont have emmissions.....but your from california so arent there emmissions stricter? so i dont think youll have a problem
hope this helps

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I live in Central New Jersey in Pemberton. My truck is bagged and I need to find a place to get thru inspection because it's due this month. I had to take my tint off of my driver and passenger doors because I got about 10 tickets and they started to make me go to court.

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
inspection

Ive always lived in pa, and never had any inspection problems other than tint, but that varies from place to place, and just make sure your truck is high enough to get on a lift if they dont have the ones that come out of the ground, some counties in pa still dont have emissions testing, I got my sonoma from lancaster area and they dont test there, but i live closer to the city and the recently added enhanced emissions testing has got inspection up to around 60-70 bills, but unless your muffler is spouting crap it will most likely slide by.

·
^Buy my truck^
15 Posts
I live in Jersey. Just go to a gas station, it may cost you like 75 bucks, but you'll get a sticker. If I did, anyone can. If there is one word to describe my truck, it's ILLEGAL. Anyway, you just have to find the right place, wasn't a problem for me.

·
jrodgraphicanddesign.com
1,057 Posts
yea, im in North Jersey...my truck has never been inspected legally...it wouldnt pass...tint, exhaust, etc...I have never had a prob with my tint and cops....they have better things to do..just dont give them a reason to pull u over in the first place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts