S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i need to know asap if anybody knows the answer.

will the tranny from my 85 s-10 blazer 4x4 (2.8) work with a 4.3 blazer engine from a 93??? assuming i move everything transfer case, tranny, etc!!!1 i need to know like yesterday!!!!! i only care if it will work. not if it will take some work,cost more then just swapping a used 4.3 tranny etc!!!! if anybody knows please tell me asap

thanks,
mike
!!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Bellhousings are different.

(and it won't hold the torque of the 4.3 for long) <-- oops, unwanted opinion! :D

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
(punches at dr. fieros head) lol thanks for the response! if i switched the bell housing would it work??? its ok if it doesn't last long!!

let me know

thanks.

·
Registered
517 Posts
AFAIK (and this is purely an uninformed statement) you can yank the 4.3 bellhousing and bolt it to the T-5 you've got. But you better wait for someone else who's actually done it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok cool thats all i wanted to know! cause a guy was gonna buy my blazer for the tranny and all parts and wanted to know if it was possible!!!!!

thanks,
mike

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I believe even if the bellhousings will interchange, the clutch would be another story, I'm pretty sure the input slines are different between the different engines.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The_Raven said:
I believe even if the bellhousings will interchange
The 4.3 shares a normal SBC bellhousing pattern. The 2.8 he's got is unique to the 60* lineup.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Dr.Fiero said:
The 4.3 shares a normal SBC bellhousing pattern. The 2.8 he's got is unique to the 60* lineup.
Yes I know the engine to bell housing patterns, but what you quoted is pointless without the rest of what I wrote, about the input shaft, and the spline/size. Oh and the 60* bolt pattern isn't so unique. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts