S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
What y'all watchin HOES!?
3,638 Posts
I have them on, and I can turn 1 and 1/4 turns of the steering wheel in both directions with 225/40/18 tires. But all shokck relocators are going to limit your turning radius.

·
draggin plastic
3,131 Posts
yea i lost some turing radius. not sure on how much compared to other types beacause this is the only one i have used.

·
alone i break
4,291 Posts
i have 20s and the art reloactors and have no problems i can still turn lock to lock aired up if im layed out or a few inches from the ground i loose a lot

·
3,255 Posts
With the ART lower control arms they have a metal tab on the back to keep your rim from turning to far which keeps the rims from running into the shock relocators... but thats if you have the lower arms.... stock ones will prob let you hit unless you mount the relocator closer to the upper control arm.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
just about any shock relocator is going to cost you a little turning radius, but it depends heavily on their placement and your wheel/tire setup.

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
Turning radius really depends on wheel/tire combo and ride height. My Centerlines have a 5" backspacing, and with a 1/2" spacer they rub quite a bit. I put the stock wheels on for a while and they don't rub when at a normal height. If you're aired all the way up or almost laid out, the wheels move closer to the inside of the truck...therefore they'll rub sooner. I also have ART LCAs.

·
Give me 3 yrs...
6,526 Posts
eh im going without shocks for alil while but the blazers not my DD, if it sucks ill get relocators... after i get a welder :rock:

·
3,255 Posts
I'll try and get a pic to show how mine worked out... the spindle hits this metal block on the side of my ART lower control arm which keeps the wheel a little less then half an inch from hitting the shock relocator when i'm at a full turn.

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
nox said:
I have the bolt in relocators and i lost a good bit of turn radius, but i also have 8" wide wheels. I'll probably go with an 18x7 next time i buy wheels
or you could re-do the way the shocks are setup up front so you don't have to run really really skinny wheels...

just my opinion

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
You really get used to the turning radius....and it's not that big of a deal if you run the right offset wheel...I've got 18x8s with 245/35 rubber and I have no problem. Like I said, ride height makes a big difference too.

I wouldn't ever go with a narrower wheel in front....these trucks need all the rubber you can get in the front cause they plow into corners. I put my stock wheels back on with 205/55s and I couldn't stand it...way too much understeer.

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
im runnin 18x9'' wheels on 245/40/18 rubber and am also bout to bag my front. Do I need to get the ART or the SD weld in application and ive already lost some of my radius with the wheels/tires how much more will i lose with shock relocators and nissan hardbody shocks? Also, how will my sides and ride quality be with no sway bar and shocks?

sorry to hijack the thread

1 - 20 of 24 Posts