S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With your Xtreme step shaver?

Im really debating hard if i want to get this done.

In some pics i see that it makes the rear look really funny but in others, it looks tight as hell.

What are your opinions?

Also, I am looking to mold my whole back end like this one. How did he carry on the body line like that from the shaver to the tailgate? With a skin?

·
Red X = Pure Sex!
3,366 Posts
I think they look great. If I had to do it all over again, I would get a sportside and the stepshavers. Oh well, my fleetside with rollpan is good enough for me. :D

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
:werd: i like mine a lot. makes it look a whole lot nicer too

theres a how to that y2k xtreme made. it helps a lot its somewhere in the exterior styling section

·
More Cowbell
3,186 Posts
go xtreme...u gotta get the front windows tinted....trust me it looks so much better thwneu do it

·
More Cowbell
3,186 Posts
i got 15% all around and it looks sick...especially at night!!! p.s. thwneu=when

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
king_nothn said:
As I said in your other thread, he made that stepshaver it is not from ECC.
How did he make it?

He must have had to start with a shaver kit, most likely ECC and molded it from there, no?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I think he did start off with a street scene stepshaver kit and then added the ground effects to it. (at least thats what I remember he said anyways).

But the problem with doing it, especially if you plan on driving your truck alot is you have to mold plastic to metal which will begin to crack overtime.

·
Spreadin the Sickness
2,532 Posts
yah ... it looks pretty tight... it just seems like it makes the back end look higher. :p nice truck btw! :D

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Well it did raise the backend a bit from removing the stock bumper that did weigh a bit. But of course you wont have that problem with air. After tax, duty & shipping it cost like $350. If you do order it, get it shipped Fedex. UPS charges this stupid $50 brokerage fee and Fedex doesnt.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, Im going to be buying the stepshaver kit from ECC.
Is the roll pan plastic or steel that it comes with? Does it matter what it is if i get a skin combo? It just overlaps the tailgate/roll pan right?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know I'm brand new here, but I've got the kit on my 01X. It honestly looks better in person than in pictures! The side panels and the roll pan are plastic to answer your question. On the notion of it making the truck look higher, it IS considerably lighter than the factory bumper and steps, but actually goes lower. The biggest difference I noticed was that it made my truck look shorter! It was unexpected, but I really like it:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts