S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone gave me drop spindles and drop blocks. I am wondering how I can check to make sure they are actually drop spindles. I don't want to lower the rear 3inch and then do all this work on the front and have it still be stock height.

How can I measure to check that they are drop spindles?
What should the measurements be for the drop spindles from the top of the spindle (where the ball joint meets) to the bottom?
I think they are 7 and 1/2 inch. Thanks

·
No More SS
1,100 Posts
just check the part numbers on the spindles. that should tell you what they are.

·
Stepshavers?
1,695 Posts
take your old ones off look to see a difference. it's not a real big job looking to see....just take your wheel off...take your breaks off...then take your hub off the spindle.....and put the spindle you got up to the other one...if the bar is higher then it's a drop spindle....if it's the same....well you get the idea

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys but I realized my error. The space between the ball joints is identical from stock spindles to drop spindles, that's how it maintains the correct geometry. To change the space between the ball joints you would install drop coils :)

Drop spindles lower the height of the vehicle by simply lowering the position of the shaft by 2inches, where the bearings, and rotor, and wheel attaches. That's freakin brilliant!!!

Thanks again guys. I'm doing 2/3 block drop and also throwing away the 3.08 for a 3.73 bahahaha!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts