S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
still truckin
54 Posts
I've had my Rockford P300-1 running my w3 for about 2 years. Never had a problem, it runs like a champ. Also have a P400-4 now, and I'm impressed with it as well.

·
Its that dam ADD!
4,742 Posts
the Prime amps like the R-series, I dont know, but my P-series amps were under water in Katrina for about a day and are still working great in the Blazer over 5 years later. So yes Id say that they are reliable

·
Good Bye SonomaST
7,149 Posts
Rockford amps are great! That's all I have ran for 10 years, I've had the old punch series, and power series amps, and a new punch and power series. What they lack in EQ adjustability in something like a JL amp, they make up for in raw power. I've never seen a RF amp that was overrated, most are very underrated. My T10001BD would throwdown over 1500w all day long.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Our Rockford rep told us that the prime series amps are just re badged lightning audio storm series. I've tried that R500-1 in a few vehicles and noticed if you pound on it doesn't like to be ran at 2ohms and starts cutting out. If I were you I would move up to a P300-1, there about the same price and will handle 2ohms better. I personally am running a new T500-1CP at 1ohm pushing out 795watts on 2 10" T1's and I couldn't be happier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts