S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Autocross'n Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 86 Blazer about 2 months ago for a winter beater.It's a 2.8FI w/5-speed and 4.10 gears in the rear.I bought it off the original owner who has taken excelent care of it for the last 17 years.But it has some spots that will be a problem in the future if I don't take care of them soon.There's no "visable" rust,but over the rear wheels the paint is bubbling.I know you can buy doors,fenders,and inner fender wells and stuff,but can you buy patch panels for the tub?I would like to have all rust cut out and patch panels welded in.I think I'll be keeping this thing for a long time.Next week I'm picking up a 3.4 from a 93 Camaro w/12,000 mi.I'll probably get started on that in the spring.Then I want to move on to the body.

·
Registered
88 Posts
jcwhitney has them im pretty sure, i just glanced at the catalog quick

www.jcw.com

·
Autocross'n Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see that they have panels for the lower part of the doors,but I was looking for panels for the rear quarters.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Yes there are several panels available, from just the wheel well lip to complete quarter panels. complete quraters take a while to put on though, ;) hehe

·
Autocross'n Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wheel well lip is probably all I'll need.Thanks for the info,at least now I know they're available when I need them.

·
FactorY RolliN
171 Posts
you are located in uniontown huh? north huntington here lol... well there are about 5 places up this way to get panels for just about anything.. you might even be able to order them.. i just did my blazer behind the door and before the wheels i forget what the panel is called but it turned out nice gl man

·
Autocross'n Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah, I know the Irwin area well.I was born and raised there.I still go back allmost every weekend to visit family.
So where did you get your panels?Spitz?I just bought a new aftermarket door yesterday so the parts collecting has begun.Next pay I'll buy another door,then fenders,inner fender wells,weather stripping,patch panels,and mabey by this summer I'll be ready to get started.

·
FactorY RolliN
171 Posts
actually strawpump body panels it route 30 west about 5 minutes across from sheetz... its a little like austrian lady that knows whats up... kinda funny actually.. maybe you should stop in... by the way spitz is like 30 seconds from my house

·
FactorY RolliN
171 Posts
actually strawpump body panels it is route 30 EAST from about 5 minutes from spitz across from sheetz... its a little like austrian lady that knows whats up... kinda funny actually.. maybe you should stop in... by the way spitz is like 30 seconds from my house
..... excuse the mistake lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts