S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have an LSII series hard tonneau cover (http://www.4are.com/product/lsii/). I called the company and they said there is no way to remove the cover without removing the bedrails that it rests on all around the bed. Can anyone verify this? It looks as if the front piece (the pivot point by the cab) can be removed and then leave the side bedrails on the bed. But, the company says no. I don't want to go unscrewing bolts and prying on the front rail (because there is adhesive) if it is not possible. I'm sorry, I don't have a camera to show a pic so I can only describe and see if anyone knows.

Thanks.

·
Atlanta Braves FTMFW!
9,150 Posts
i know excactly what your talking about, i have the same cover and it is true. the way its mounted is all one piece and it clamps on.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NevurMind85 said:
i have a cover like that to and its a pice of crap. the handle wont pop up sometimes so i have to beat it.
I got a spray can of lithium lubricant and sprayed it in every hole on the lock and latch twice a year. It seems to do the trick. the lock and the mechanism would freeze all the time during winter between salt and grime on the roads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts