S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a set I like the look of, cheap... 7" width too lame as far as performance is concerned? Howabout the look of a 7" wide tire.. Any opinions negative or positive are welcomed. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Too lame??? Hell man its your truck, do what you want to do. I think they would look fine.

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"16x7 machine alloy, 5x5 Chevy Pick Up" will that fit? only info I can get on the wheels at this time...

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
s10rz350 said:
"16x7 machine alloy, 5x5 Chevy Pick Up" will that fit? only info I can get on the wheels at this time...
I believe so

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will a shop put 7.5 or 8" tires on my 7" rims? :) Also how do I figure out what size tires to get? At TireRack.com I became confused rather quickly when I checked out their chart etc... Help?:confused:

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
s10rz350 said:
will a shop put 7.5 or 8" tires on my 7" rims? :) Also how do I figure out what size tires to get? At TireRack.com I became confused rather quickly when I checked out their chart etc... Help?:confused:
I guess I'm confused by what you mean. All most all tires are sized metric these days. Like I have 233-55-r16 on my truck, that is on 8 inch wide wheels.

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bummer, I need 5x4-3/4 for the s10's. Thanks for your help though :)

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
s10rz350 said:
bummer, I need 5x4-3/4 for the s10's. Thanks for your help though :)
Sorry for the wrong info, you are correct it is 4-3/4"

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
98SSonNOS and Pewter01, Whats a poor boy to do? :) I want to lower it (3/4). With the right tires, does a lowered 3/4 s-10 look ok on the 15" stock alloys? I think I want 3" leafs w. 1" angle blocks, 2" drop spindles and 1" drop coils. I bet the lowering parts and 4 tires would be less or equal to the price of the rims alone.. Humm... I'm gonna go ask for a raise :)

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
if you want a 3 4 drop at most. go with lower a arms in front and rear go with the leafs and 1 inch block it doesnt need to be angled.

as for tires on the stock rims 235 60 15 front and 255 60 15 rear is a start. i work at costco if there is one in your area they have the best prices for bfg tires.

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info 98SS on NOS. Do I need the angled blocks if its ext cab? Are the lower A-Arms about the same price as spindles? Whats the advantage over spindles? Thanks for all your help guys. Much appreciated.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
Iowa Bob said:
5 on 5 wont fit an S-10, 5 on 4.75 will fit.

Tell that to Mark hall and others that have Ford 9's and Dana 44's

·
Registered
908 Posts
yeah regardless of the wheel size, you can always make it look good (16s are borderline though). the problem is with the space between the top of the tire and the fender. if theres a big gap, it looks like absolute shlt. my zq8 had the 16s on it, but i put lower profile tires (225/55/R16) than the stock tires, and an additional 2/3 drop over the zq8. it looks really clean. now im slapping some 18s on the same stance with 245/40/R18s, which will look super clean. :D. but i'll probably have to raise it back up soon because im confident its going to scrub like HELL with sharp turns. but still, 18s would look fine with the stock zq8 height.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts