S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Second Archery bull Elk...monday morning 15 yards from the ground, arrow went right through him, heart lung shot. He came at me from behind my blind, I was totally exposed and he was walking straight towards me following a cow elk who was 10 feet away! I told him to stop or I'd shoot......he did not stop. I bugled right after I shot and he stopped to look then walked another 15 yards and dropped.....dead! I never lost sight after the shot and was able to back the truck up to him after I gut him then back to camp to skin him. Just dropped off the head today, going to have a european mount done, should be about four weeks. He's a 5x6. Awesome stuff,cant describe in words, you that have done this know what I mean, just thought I would share my story......

Attachments

·
...Mark...
785 Posts
nice i think if it was following a cow elk i woulda stayed outta his way lol how much did he weigh october 4th deer season comes in here can't wait :D nice elk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thebassn8tr said:
why did u tell him to stop?
He came at me from behind my blind. My blind was an old oak tree that had fallen over and I was on one side of it the other side was a game trail about 20yards away. I was totally exposed and he was walking right at me........it was a joke!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mark said:
nice i think if it was following a cow elk i woulda stayed outta his way lol how much did he weigh october 4th deer season comes in here can't wait :D nice elk
350 at the butcher...no head guts legs hide....

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I"m going for javelina in arizona in january. I need to start practicing more, i dont wanna piss one of those off again.

<i had a bad experience during dove/quail season, that almost cost me 1927401298734 stiches>

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
raver4lifeny said:
thats a big farking elk.. all we get here is freakin white tails.. this is mine from last year..
Nice buck!

·
...Mark...
785 Posts
yes nice buck i would post pics of my doe i got last year but its too big i've got a really nice 8 point before im hopeing to get a nice buck during the rut with my bow :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
i thought it was good.. second year gun hunting second 7 point.. i had pics of the first years but i dont know where they went.. both of the bodies were about the same but this one the tines were bigger and the other one the spread was bigger.. ohh and this years was a drag on a slight downhill in the snow.. last years was a thousand and a few hundred yards drag out of a ravine.. that was a pain.. though id imagine a 300+ lb elk would be worse than any white tail ive ever seen..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts