how much hp do you think i got from my apc intake? it feels like a good bit

·
Registered
389 Posts
5 hp max and I am being gernerous

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
My APC intake was ordered twice both times backordered for three weeks, then I tried ordering one through godfathers customs and they had it backordered, so I said screw it and made one....I get tired of waiting damnit

·
Registered
389 Posts
SummerWolf said:
My APC intake was ordered twice both times backordered for three weeks, then I tried ordering one through godfathers customs and they had it backordered, so I said screw it and made one....I get tired of waiting damnit
Bully makes a chrome one for 98 up for about $150 and I can get one in a week or less.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Uhh, maybe later, my intake seems to be working pretty damn good, its bent exhaust tubing that will be getting painted green.......it works, it looks good as it is right now actually, but I have bigger mods planned, a new intake will be a little bit later on, but I'll get a different one eventually

Caleb

·
Registered
389 Posts
If your painting it make sure nothing rubs on it or the paint will come right off that is what happened to me it sucked:mad:

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Gotcha......I hope nothing will, if so hopefully its on the underside, the only thing I can think of is the water pump, but it has enough clearance it doesn't rub when its all in, PUTTING it in, I will probably bump it a couple times, quick touch up brush will help with that....HOPEFULLY!!

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Umm, no immediate pics, I will try to get around to buying some film and taking pics of it for ya though

Caleb

·
Registered
21 Posts
Intake

I made my own intake out of PVC pipe and and painted it blue, it looks really good. It didn't cost me but maybe $20 to make the whole thing. I can tell a difference but its nothing to die for.

I also added a ram air pipe on it.. I connected the pipe to the filter and ran it down to my bumper. I placed the pipe behind a hole in my bumper and can tell a difference. I'll get some pics of it as soon as I take them.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
The only reason I didn't use PVC and sand it down and paint it nice, was because I thought the PVC tubing would melt.....thats why I went with exhaust tubing, do you have any idea how long you've had that intake?? cause if it hasn't melted yet, I have a plan on a PVC intake that follows the path of the K&N and then going under the bumper.......mine, I opened up both the 4.3 air slot, and the 2.2 behind the headlight holes, and I stuck the filter right there, kind of following the volant intake path

Caleb

·
Registered
21 Posts
Intake

I've had mine on for almost 2 weeks now and no melting....
I used High Heat Paint so it wouldn't melt. I didn't use any primer I just sanded and painted. It looks good and works well.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
sounds like its right up my alley...... did you use 3 inch the whole way, kinda like the K&N straight over and then down and then made the add on, cause if so, I'm gonna go get me some PVC next thursday....well, if I have my truck back....damn not having a clutch

Caleb

·
14,970 Posts
SummerWolf said:
sounds like its right up my alley...... did you use 3 inch the whole way, kinda like the K&N straight over and then down and then made the add on, cause if so, I'm gonna go get me some PVC next thursday....well, if I have my truck back....damn not having a clutch

Caleb
HOME DEPOT HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used 3" all the way except for attaching to the filter...
I got a 4" to 3" adapter to fit over the filter. It didn't fit tight to I went a bought this rubber adapter thing. The rubber adapter was a 4" to 3" as well.. I put the rubber adapter around the filter and tightened it then wedged the other end inside the 3" pipe. Now it seals nicely....

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Did you notice much gain?? right now mine is 2.5 inch exhaust tubing which was enlarged to 3 inch at the TV and the filter, filter fits over the end and clamps down sealing nicely......but your way sounds more efficient

Caleb

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can definately notice a difference without the ram air hooked up. I dont know how much of a difference between 3" and 2 1/2". I'm going to try and pics of it soon to show people what it looks like cuz it's kind of confusing to explain to people.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts