S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I want you to drag or die
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some diamond cut clear corners for my 98 last spring, and one of them eventually fogged up. Well last night I finally took it off and was going to take a close look at it. Well first off there was about a half a cup of water in it. So I drained that and dried the inside out. Then I actually examined it, and all the water and crap that got in there was eating the chrome plating off. So basically even if they don't fog up again they will always look like shit. So moral of the story don't buy APC, and sure as hell don't put a giant gay APC sticker on your truck. I don't know if you guys have seen it, but around here everyone seems to think that is cool. Is there anyway to take the lense apart so I can spray some chrome paint in there?

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
I wouldnt do the paint, it'll probably just blister, swell, and turn brown from the heat/humidity. Best bet is to get another brand for $20 off ebay. I'm just gonna rtv around the seals on mine, they should be fine then

·
Never Finished
113 Posts
I would say just buy another brand, I still have my APC's installed, but my drivers side is fogged completely up, I haven't had any problem with my passenger side. Next time I dry mine out, I think I am going to get some silicon or something and seal around the edges and see if that will help. I still don't understand why people think APC is so great? When I was asking people what type of clear corners to get, everyone was like APC, APC; now I won't buy APC. And to beat it all APC stands for American Products Company and the stuff is made in Twain or some foreign country. Now I call APC, A Piece of Crap.

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
People love APC so much because they make streamline banners that reduce 75-85 % of you car's drag with just a windshield banner, making 1/4 miles times jump from 17's to 9's

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
i was being sarcastic, they are a bunch of gooks putting our name on a box of shit-quality crome parts that make 16 year olds pick up 15 year old girls.

·
xtremefour
1,805 Posts
I havent had any probs with mine. a little fogging on the drivers side one but i put some clear silicone around the seam and have had no probs. I have more problems with my factory fog lights getting moisture in them than the apc ones

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
My friends APC seats are decent...for the money atleast...they're no sparcos but they look cool.

He has them on his stock rails in his dime.

·
What "Search&q uot ; Button?
223 Posts
I had mine for about 9months on my old truck, a little fogging. I took them off my 98 when I sold it. I went to put them on my new truck, and both the tabs that hold them in broke. On both sides. For the price the quality should be much better.

·
Goin' Nowhere Fast
3,340 Posts
I hate APC
my billet antenna is RUSTING!!!! I mean so much for it being made out of billet aluminum...my buddy's APC Billet antenna BROKE IN HALF about a month after he bought it....maybe not even that
my APC LEDs worked for about two months then they both crapped out.
and my APC red bulbs (I HAD to get some, mine were burnt out and the cops are big enough assholes about my clears as it is), started discolouring after maybe a week....

I hate APC banners and shit...especially on this bone stock CRX rolling on stock hubcaps who's got NOTHING done to his car except those idiotic LED windshield squirters and THREE huge APC stickies....arrrgh....okay...I"m good now :)

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
never had a problem with my APC mirrors...

·
Goin' Nowhere Fast
3,340 Posts
to be fair, all my lights are APC front bumper clears, corner clears and tail clears....and NONE of them have leaked or fogged or anything yet *knock on wood* and they're at least a year and a half or two years old.

BUT....I still hate them...making HALF your products not suck still makes your company shit....

·
Registered
8,614 Posts
BlueBlaster01 said:
My friends APC seats are decent...for the money atleast...they're no sparcos but they look cool.

He has them on his stock rails in his dime.
If he takes it to a track he might want to take them out. Most tracks won't let him on because they are more dangerous than stock seats. They definatly are no Sparco's because Sparco's make the care safer not more dangerous, the APC ones are considered a safety hazard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts