S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Broke student
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone on here have an x cab with suicide doors? if so could you please post up your pics, I have a couple of questions.

·
Registered
947 Posts
im guessing you're referring to the xcabs with the 3rd door. not all ext cabs have 3 doors. the only options you have is to weld the 3rd door shut, weld both doors and make it one big door with hella reinforcing on the hinges, or just suicide the passenger side and leave driver side normal.

·
DOOR'D FOR HER PLEASURE!
5,688 Posts
ive been looking into doin this on my 02' x-cab 3 door. my options are:
1: forget it
2: weld the 3rd and reg door as one and beef up the hinges (as mentioned above)
3: suicide the pass. only (also mentioned above).......
our hands are kinda tied on this man

·
DOOR'D FOR HER PLEASURE!
5,688 Posts
there was a green truck with a trailblazer swap at sema a few years back with this dunn. it just looked like the owner was undecided

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
put a support brace inbetween the two doors so the drivers door had somehting to swing off of and the 3rd door had something to latch to.....lots of cuttin and welding. just depends on how bad you'd want a drivers suicide'd door.

·
Registered
500 Posts
JasonPaulMcCoy said:
dude just go lambo, way less hassle but still a great look. it would be a beast or look odd to go with suicide doors. i wanted them to but i have the 3rd door and lambos are the best option

this is very open to interpretation!!! In my personal opinion I would rather stick my penis in a meat grinder than put Lambos on anything... except a Lambo. Suicide the Pass. door and keep the drivers door straight, it still looks dope...

·
Give me 3 yrs...
6,526 Posts
MULowRauder said:
this is very open to interpretation!!! In my personal opinion I would rather stick my penis in a meat grinder than put Lambos on anything... except a Lambo. Suicide the Pass. door and keep the drivers door straight, it still looks dope...
im with u bro

·
How u riddin'
51 Posts
well i like suicide doors way more than lambo but when i looked into it for my truck it was just way to much trouble and i didnt want to go with just one suiside door, so i'm just leaving my doors. But some ppl do like lambo doors so thats y i sugested it. If only I would of thought of all these thing when I got my truck, would have saved alot of money. i know i didnt think of mods when i was getting mine, it was just gunna stay stock but that didnt last long.

·
MVP
415 Posts
i seen someone one here a while back that welded his 3rd door to the regular door and made one big door. I think everyone was split on if they liked it or not. Its very odd looking and takes some getting use to, but i think its cool.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
JasonPaulMcCoy said:
dude just go lambo, way less hassle but still a great look. it would be a beast or look odd to go with suicide doors. i wanted them to but i have the 3rd door and lambos are the best option
ummm lambos look odd on a s-10....frankly i think they look fairly stupid on trucks PERIOD...and 'lambo' doors are as big a hassle if you ask me

·
stop... DROP... and roll.
707 Posts
i have an idea for this and want to do it but itll cost alot... need a full sd kit and a 1/2 kit... reenforce the 3rd door alot and use one of the hidges with the stockers.. then suicide the drivers door like normal and itll work by u open the door like on a suidice doored truck and when the door is fully open youll have acess to the 3rd door hande and be able to open that so youll have like a huse closet door on your truck... get me???????

·
FloridaTruckScene.com
5,190 Posts
s10Steve said:
i have an idea for this and want to do it but itll cost alot... need a full sd kit and a 1/2 kit... reenforce the 3rd door alot and use one of the hidges with the stockers.. then suicide the drivers door like normal and itll work by u open the door like on a suidice doored truck and when the door is fully open youll have acess to the 3rd door hande and be able to open that so youll have like a huse closet door on your truck... get me???????
yeah that would be interesting.. love to see that idea come to life..

·
stop... DROP... and roll.
707 Posts
yea but with my idea you would need so much reinforment on the 3rd door and the back cab wall, i think it can be done and id love to do it when i get the money to buy the right stuff... its deff sumthing that can look bad if done wrong... and have major slagg

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
s10Steve said:

:Di know this is an old post but i was think about doin this to my s10 and wondered if it could work and then i saw this vid that proves it would....just though you guys would like to see it. its about half way into the video.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxTF4D2V3Xc

·
Registered
796 Posts
i hate that stupid site, i can never view more then like 5-10 seconds of the videos before it stops and askes if i want to watch it again ggrrrrr

it looks cool as fuk in the thumbnail

1 - 20 of 26 Posts