S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because I'm wanting to put some ZQ8's on my full size truck . I found a place that can re-drill them to the correct bolt pattern and 14mm stud hole's. But then the center cap won't fit correctly. I'm going to have to elongate the hole's in the cap. I have found some lug nut cap's for the 14mm lug nut's, and I need to know how big the hole's are to see if I can make it work out somehow.

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,613 Posts
wait....what does the whole of the lug nut cap have to do with the fitment?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 2 option's to get these wheel's to fit my truck. First, there's a company that makes a replica. I'm waiting to hear back from them to see if they could just drill them to the correct 5x5 bolt pattern, and open up the center bore.

Second, if they won't do it, there's another company that will. But they are going to re-drill over the top of the existing hole's.

Each hole will move straight out 1/8". That will make the center cap not fit over the stud's. I think I can basically re-drill, or elongate the lug nut hole's and use the bigger lug nut cover's and make it work.

I don't know for sure though. Anyone have a junk center cap they want to part with.

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,613 Posts
Are you serious? If you're going to use a wheel that is a different bolt pattern you have the hubs redrilled not the wheels :haha:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you serious? If you're going to use a wheel that is a different bolt pattern you have the hubs redrilled not the wheels :haha:
Are you serious. Then I have to have the hub's, axle's, and rear drum's drilled. It would be much wiser and more cost effective to have the wheel's re-drilled. IMO!! Then I could use my my factory, and all my other wheel's too. Unless of course you know someone that will re-drill all of that stuff for cheap. :haha:

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,613 Posts
I'm just telling you the RIGHT way to do it. You do know that each bolt hole on the wheel will be moved out 1/8" at an angle so you won't just be elongating the holes outward but you'll be doing it at an angle right?. The center cap isn't going to fit unless you cut into each of the ears and after doing that if you get the caps to fit AND hold the cap on it's going to look f'd up. I've never welded any alloys and have never known of anyone having their alloy wheels holes welded up but I'm sure someone that knows about welding alloy can tell you if it would hold up or not. I do know if it will work that you'll have to get the wheels re-cleared or whatever clear protectant is on them from the factory because that will get burned off.

If you want to be cheap why not just get adapters? ZQ8's have a 4.5" backspacing and fullsizes can tuck up to a 5" backspacing. I think you can get a 1" wide adapter which means they'll stick out a 1/2" but hey who gives a shit it's cheap right?

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,613 Posts
I've seen steel wheels holes welded up and redrilled(think it was in a truck mag.) and have seen aluminum wheels that have been drilled for another bolt pattern but those didn't have exposed lug nut center caps either so they could just drill around the original bolt holes just like Eagle Alloy's universal bolt pattern wheels. REGARDLESS the right way would be to redrill the hubs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.