S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much did it cost u and was it easy to install and did u need a new front grill

·
4wheeln & Layn-Body
207 Posts
I put a sonoma lights end on mine for Temporary we got bored one night so we swaped front ends !!! Anyways which you need to do is get the headlamps which ever front end you decide then you need the grill. YOU don't need to change the core support unless you are going with a 98 and above swap. You need new plugs because your going from sealed beam to composite. I will get you part numbers on what you need i you really want to know. If you go to a sonoma front end you need a bumper cover because the grill goes lower. Blazer you don't need a cover.

Attachments

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
GMC Composite Headlights

I've got a '97 GMC Jimmy with the same lights/grille/bumper as pictured above. I'll be looking to sell them soon. I'm going to update to a '98+up Chevy Xtreme front end. If your interested, send me a pm for the details.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
i did them on my truck...

i went to the junkyard and found the correct headlight harnesses and spliced them in. also the sonoma headlights use different mounting points than a sealed beam, so you need some clip nut thingys to go into the square holes in your rad support. haha, hope this helps

·
Chevy Rules!
144 Posts
AVTekk said:
i did them on my truck...

i went to the junkyard and found the correct headlight harnesses and spliced them in. also the sonoma headlights use different mounting points than a sealed beam, so you need some clip nut thingys to go into the square holes in your rad support. haha, hope this helps
Where you get the clip nut things. I am going to do the setup and need them I guess. First I heard of it. Let me know please. Also how do you go about installing the pigtails.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I put a 95 Blazer front end on my 94 ss, It cost a little bit of dough-but i used all new parts. the connectors-since I decided not to rig it like a lot of guys do-were 90 bucks from a Chevy dealer. The lights were around 250 a piece(these were the complete ones, with brackets and the like). I found the grille(it was chrome) at a junkyard for 90 bucks. I am seeing a lot more of the headlights in the junkyard now-at the time they weren't so easy to come across-and if you did they cost as much as the aftermarket ones did new. Good luck.

Attachments

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dawg thats a sweet a$$ ride that is what I want to do is to find some lights at a junk yard and is that custom paint cuz i haven't seen a s10 in orange

Kick A$$ Ride man

·
Registered
224 Posts
yeah

House of Kolor Tangelo Pearl... Thanks-wish I still had it!!! A 16 year old daddy's girl owns it now, and has since wrecked it twice!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
LOL...I don't care bout the age, it just urks me that she got the truck and doesn't take care of it at all...I'm 26 and would be thrilled to be driving that truck, she just acts like it's an "OK" truck...know what I mean??

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I wish I had the truck too
I hope my truck will look that good someday

·
4wheeln & Layn-Body
207 Posts
That hurts, Dam that is one sweet s-10 very clean, i can't belive you sold it, do you got some other projects coming up.
Again sweet truck, that girl just don't know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts