1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
816 Posts
i've got them on mine..under hard take off the primary catches the steering shaft but other than that i like 'em

·
Registered
816 Posts
im not really sure what mounts im using..i'll go snap a pic of the clearance for ya tho

·
2,116 Posts
one of the plug wires sit on the header and will eventually melt in two, you will need to address that.

·
Nasty V8 S10
211 Posts
i have them..... they are a great header for a mild build up, but they are getting too small for my motor! if you do get them, please get them coated or they will rust and crack rather quickly.. although you pay more for the coating than the headers, they will last for ever and will look really nice! also, look into sanderson headers, they offer a ceramic coated style which have thicker flanges and primaries so they will last longer... they also have larger primary tube versions, the hedman are 1.5" primary with 2.5" collector, sanderson has 1.5" and 1.625" with 2.5" collectors and then also a 1.75" primary with 3" collector... i think i am going to move up to the 1.75" as soon as i get some money together!

·
Registered
816 Posts
yea...mine like to eat wires too got a couple in heat boots and Have to pull the passenger side header to change 'em

·
Nasty V8 S10
211 Posts
i believe that it is a mis print on their web site... from what i know they do not make a 1.75" with 2.5" collector, if they did, i would have gotten them already!!! i dont have the time or money to change over to a 3" collector..

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the Sanderson headers on mine and they are the 2.5 collectors. Yes they are hard on plug wires as well. When mine were new I set my house oven to 200 deg and put them inside for about 20 min. This heated them up and then applied a high heat flat black out of a rattle can if you can believev that. Coming up on 3 years and they are still not rusting! Zero leaks ... NEVER!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice pic of the bottom side but where is the collector pic? I have 3 inch pipe on mine as well but run the smaller collectors. How new are your headers? Mine are nearly 3 years old and to the best of my knowledge they did not have the 3 inch then.

·
Nasty V8 S10
211 Posts
yes you can.... i run dual all the way back with the stock tank, i just have them off to the passenger side and then have them out together...

·
Registered
816 Posts
mine are run down the same side but dumped on the back the drivers side pipe crosses under the trans

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Ok, I talked with Mike Knell of JTR. This is what he told me about the 1 3/4" headers they sell:

"The S10-404 has 1-3/4" primaries and 3" collectors."

Prices aren't bad either...

Uncoated
per pair

Coated
per pair

·
Registered
93 Posts
Those are good prices! I gave almost 3 bills for mine 3 years ago! Let's not forget something ... if your running a stock or even a mild small block the 3 inch collectors make "very" little difference. None that you would notice. Yeah it is a good piece of mind but if you expecting an extra 20 ponnies out of them -vs- the smaller ones, your in for a rude awakening.

·
Registered
211 Posts
OK, so heres a couple pics of the collectors, you might notice my collectors have been
modified. They have V-flanges welded to them instead of the standard collectors...no more collector leaks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts