S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Randy
825 Posts
My bad, I meant compression UNION. It doesn't have to be any high pressure design. The fluid in the cooling lines is under relatively low pressure. @Tranzman can tell you exactly, but I'm under the impression it's under 50 psi.
I have seen pressures as high as 125+ on the dyno. most do not go over 100psi. that is why you don't want plain fuel hose on a trans-cooler line. Power steering return hose works well.

·
Randy
825 Posts
Awesome. It's funny. I was just on youtube looking for info about this. A guy was doing his water pump on his blazer. He found that the previous owner must have done a hose repair as I was originally thinking. He was kind of moving it around and the hose would move. Loose clamp apparently. He used a compression union he bought at the auto parts store. I took two screenshots. Is this the part you would use to do yours? The guy on the video said it didn't leak. I only need to gain a 1/4 inch or so. This looks like it would do that and no flaring involved. (I've never flared a line)

The video is here if anyone is interested. I thought it was quite a coincidence. Didn't look like this blazer has the snap fittings like my truck though. Maybe it was an older blazer.
That one picture shows a heck of a kink in the hose. That will cut off cooler flow. You definitely need cooler flow especially on the highway with TCC engaged. low or no cooler flow will burn up the transmission in as little as 65 miles. Trust me I have seen the carnage...

Reactions: boomer_106

·
Randy
825 Posts
Do you recommend the compression fitting over the hose and clamp method?
YES!!! I have done that in the past, now i own a flaring tool and just put a small bubble flare on the tube that has been cut off. Every tube that didn't have a way to stop the slip eventually slipped off and spewed fluid everywhere at the most in opportune time...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts