S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lafayette X
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was gettin ready to put my new clear front signal lights in, had the old ones out, had the old bulbs out, and had to run to store, when I used my signals it flashes REALLY FAST, I suppose to let you know you have a light burnt out. Well I was wondering if there is a way to trick it to make it think that theres a light burnt out all the time, so it make the signals flash that fast all the time. Well?????

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
yeah, that's normal for LED's to do that...due to the usage of less power (i think)

HZ Engineering has a unit that slows down the flash rate with LED's, but the last i heard, they had stopped taking orders again...

·
low and slow
430 Posts
like y2k said the led's make your lights blink fast like that I got em in my truck and they get annoying after a while.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
fast blinking

i had LEDs for my tail lights and that sound of fast clicking got real annoying real fast. especially in '98 and newer "s" trucks. the blinker is loud in the first place.:cry:

·
Rollin' Low in the 619!!!
409 Posts
Making flashers blink faster

Auto Indulgence sells a kit to adjust the speed of blink

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
really?

will it handle changing all my lights to LEDs? do they have a web site?:confused:

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
someone told me that it's not worth it to have LED's in the tails coz they arent too bright. i guy i know got pulled over for having them. the cop thought his tail lights are burnt out. so for the hazzle of getting pulled over, its not worth it.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
just an idea, but if the speed of the blinking is related to power draw, you could wire up a rheostat in line, and that would contol the rate of blinking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
On my truck when I did the led lights it had that problem, I went and got an electronic flasher unit for the fusebox at autozone ($3.50 about) and it fixed it. I guess gm still uses manual flasher units. cheap *******s.

K

·
0 Posts
yeah gm still uses manual flasher on the older older ones...but the 2001 used electirc flasher unit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts