S-10 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
as far as scraping framne goes, do rocks count?

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
thanks stealthx. I am gonna wait to do the y-pipe until I actually bang it up enough that it needs replacing. (want to avoid any extra costs). ;) As far as the cross-member goes, I am already planning to get it, it's just a matter of when. I might go for the group purchase, but I have to wait until after Christmas and then see if it's still on. As far as what setup I am going with, I am mixing and matching alot! I am going with Easy Street Bags, Bad Boy valves, various fittings from a company called Pisco, and I have a guy in New York that is fabbing all the brackets and step notch and bridge for me as well as getting a 4-link made for me. I am trying to get the best setup by using the best of what I know. ;) :D

And yes, ONEBDGMC, scrapin' rocks counts :D

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
good luck with it all. i hear ya the $ issue, i just got a new truck and just have plans to make it a clean/low/fast daily driver. easystreet is pretty good from what i hear, just remember to get all d.o.t. approved fittings and lines, some 1/2 line would be nice. just keep the front up a lil when your draggin :thumbup:

·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ya, Easystreet is pretty good. I like their bags and valves. I'm gonna get the brackets, notch and 4-link fabbed though. I don't know, I just think weld-in will be better. Everything is gonna be D.O.T. I know that already from doing my b/f's bags. I have been around this stuff for a while, so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing. Thanks for the advice :D Don't worry, it's all under control ;) :D

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
:thumbup: just shouting out some thoughts :D hope it all goes well and hopefully we'll get to see some pics when your all done.

·
538 Posts
woohhoo

frame scrapin 4x4 member

·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
thanks stealth! :D I will definately have pics when all is done..... probably in May. I can't wait !!:D :D :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
oh yeah...

I am a dealer for Airlift, and if i had my choice...the whole easy street kit is well priced, and is easy to do. The best system there is has to be the Air Ride Thech triangulated 4 link. It's well engineered, and you don't have to trash your gas tank. Ive installed both setups, and I like the Airride tech system a whole bunch better. I am putting an Airlift asystreet on my SS, just cause I can get one for the right price. Fabbed setups are reall kool though, I have just never known one to be cheaper than the prefabbed systems. My 2 cents

·
538 Posts
Re: umm

ARCdidit said:
even though it is welded doesn't make it D.O.T. approved
i guess my ricer killer bumper is out too then

·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Re: umm

ARCdidit said:
even though it is welded doesn't make it D.O.T. approved
I realize that weld-in does not mean DOT approved. I just tend to talk all jumbled. All my lines and fittings are going to be DOT approved. I did not mean that because I am going with weld-on that my setup was going to be DOT approved. :thumbup: :D

I too am a dealer of Easy Street and I agree they do have a good setup, I am just going weld-in because of personal preference. :D

21 - 32 of 32 Posts