S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
up to sumthing
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone? i know quite a few of you are running 100, anybody tried 125 with the stock internals & fuel pump, if so wut jets are you using?

·
Got spray? Got boost? (y)
3,084 Posts
I know that sssonoma is on a progressive controller with some headwork and a valvetrain upgrade with stock rotating assem. I doon't think I would do it with the stock pump though sounds a little risky to me. I have a Walbro 255lph intank in mine. I plan on running the 125 or better next year with the stock long block. Hoppin to go mid 12's on the stock long block. On the 100 shot I am using 52/31 on the 125 I will start with 57/33 then if it is too rich I will goo 57/31. This is with my NX kit and these gains would be at the rears not the flywheel. With any other kit these jettings would be for a 125 and 150 shot.

·
I Am Canadian!
1,194 Posts
Hellbent did you dyno with the 52/31 or do you think these guys that are saying 52/28 are right for the 100shot?
Anyways the only one that I know of was N20Noma he ran a 125 and a 175 back in the day on his old 98ss!! Just once or twice i believe

·
3,084 Posts
Well firstr off I would say that almost every truck may be diffeerent as far as jetting goes. Also I asked the one guy who said he was runnin a 52/28 jetting what his bottle pressure was. He said 1000. The think about this is that when you get up to 1050 to 1100 you may be quit a bit leaner. The point being he didn't do the tune at the highest pressure witch could possibly be dangerous. I always tune at 1050 and make sure its in the low 12:1's to be safe. Although I didn't run the wideband on the 100 yet only sprayed it like 5 times. I just checked the plugs after every run. I will run it on the wideband this spring with 75, 100, 125 and maybe 150.

as far as n20noma a lot of people debated weather that was a load of crap or not.

·
I Am Canadian!
1,194 Posts
Well I ordered the jet anyways so I will have it if I need it...It's only $40 for me to hit the dyno so I can tune it in the spring!!

I have been running the 50shot on the winter tires man is that fun!!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
We've now blown the SS up 3 times on a 100 shot. Went through 6 or 7 bottles this summer before it started letting go. If you set it up right (progressive) I think the bottom end should be alright long as its tuned okay. Fuel Puddling and backfires would be your worst enemy. Definately need a better fuel pump.

~jim

·
I Am Canadian!
1,194 Posts
ZQ8-97 said:
We've now blown the SS up 3 times on a 100 shot. Went through 6 or 7 bottles this summer before it started letting go. If you set it up right (progressive) I think the bottom end should be alright long as its tuned okay. Fuel Puddling and backfires would be your worst enemy. Definately need a better fuel pump.

~jim
Did you blow it up with fuel puddling and backfires?? or was it something else??

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yea it blew up from puddling in the intake. Shattered the upper intake all 3 times. Im beginning to think it ruined the injectors the first time and thats what caused the next 2.

~jim

·
3,084 Posts
thats a example of what happens when you do not use or set up your nitrous system properly. I seen it in person, no good. No bottle heater or gauge then no ideband tuning is gonna result in bad things happining. Also I can tell you to make sure your engine is running perfect. If it idles ruff after start up when cold or has a mistery misfire that means you have problems with the popets and that needs to be resolved before spraying agian.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey Hellbent,
I got to drive the Sonoma with the LS-1 this weekend. This thing is going to roar! The supercharger makes such a sweet sound. Got the exhaust finished used a 3" Y pipe and ran into a spintech muffler with 3" out just behind the right rear wheel.Still need to do a bit of tuning and making the install a bit cleaner, but should be on the road by the first of the year.

I can't believe it didn't throw any codes!

·
3,084 Posts
OH yahhhhh!!!!! TIme to update your sig. on the bottom eh. I will get to see it in person at the s-series nats, right? I hope so that thing has got to be crazy. I think I will need a ride!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yea, I guess I will have to make some changes to the sig.
I will be at Nats! I'll gladly give you a ride. Hopefully I can knock off some of those quick dimes in KC if we get some track time.
The engine builder is trying to get me to put it on the bottle too. That just may be too insane for an old man like me..........the rush may give me a heart attack!

·
3,084 Posts
bwhahahahahaha!!!!! ya put it back on the bottle, that would be a ton of fun! I am sure it could handle it though, I love those ls series motors. Do you have any pics to post of what it looks like?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hellbent: I totaled my x, and the new s-10 i'm looking at is a 5-speed. I had the mach edit done for the auto in my x, do you think it will do much in the manual, or should i just run a window switch?

Thanks man,
-Adam

·
Registered
309 Posts
I would at least run a window switch. If you want the most out of the system, run a progressive controller. Believe me, they are worth the $$$$ and they make a difference in power delivery.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I run the Digital Max, in the Camaro, I thought it might just be a little over kill for the truck.

My question is: will the Mach reflash do much for the manual truck, or should i save my money for other mods, say valve train upgrade (about the same price).?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts