S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just scored a fresh ding the other day. The canopy thing i park under caught wind and one of the poles got lifted up and fell onto the fender causing this beauty. I learned from my mistake and got plenty of quickrete and screws so nothing is moving from now on....but i still need to figure how much this dent will be to get out. I need the whole thing painted soon way cause it has a few lil scratches as well. Anyone got an estimate on how much it'd be to fix this and repaint it.

I plan on getting my hood and both fenders done painted at the same time, and my hood has a small hail dent too...anyone got an estimate for that? Thanks!

·
Token Bald Guy
743 Posts
tap it out from the bottom side. just support it on the paint side, like lay a towel then put a board on it and just tap it out. if not take it to the insurance and they should give ya more than enough

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Don't have any ideas. Sorry about it. I got a question though. Cleanliness is next to Godliness....did you get that from George Carlin?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you think i can tap it out myself? I never took my fenders off but i figured i may be able to if i tried....but since its kinda creased like in the center i thought it'd still turn out wavy. Ill have to see though.

Hahaha, I dont remember where i heard it. I just put it on there cause I want my truck to be as clean as i see it in my mind, and that "to me" can be related to godliness. I dont know if it makes much sense to ya, but i just thought it was cool.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i know some body guys and they say that if its a large hail dent you have to replace the whole panel cause the impact usually make a dent about 3 feet wide, you can only see the littel one when you glance at it but they told me hail will ruin body panels in no time. it depends on how big the hail was.

·
32,797 Posts
Skyphos said:
Naw it was nothing that big at all. Its just a lil dot maybe half a .25 in radious (so .5 inch end to end). Got any guesses on a price?
If it's not too sharp of a dent, paintless dent removal guys should probally charge undr $100 to fix it. Having a shop fix and repaint is probally just over $200.

·
I'm on a boat!
1,522 Posts
Skyphos said:
Thats what i was thinkin. You have experience with any of that paintless stuff? I am sceptical as to how well it would work.
They took some hail damage outta my dad's fullsize. They do just kinda massage it out, and they have a billion different tools for small areas and hard to reach and stuff. Its cheap, so give it a try.

If it doesnt work, you will learn a lesson for all of us and you can hit the body shop next.

:dunce:

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
damn that sucks man. If you're getting a lot of paintwork done, you might score a cheap fender at that truck and van salvage yard in hoptown, then just get it sprayed with everything else.

There is a dent doctor guy in clarksville, he worked on my girl's cavalier about 2 years ago, and it looked fine if you're not really into cars. If you're an enthusiast, you'll still see the slight warpage and the paint doesn't reflect uniformly, which would suck because the fenders catch and reflect a lot of light.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yah thats very true. I wont fool with it if it wont be 99% unnoticable. I hate seeing he nice reflections and stuff ruined by a dent or warpage. If i was going to pay anything to get it done i may as well just go do it right. Im going to have to wait till i get my bumper cover and stuff then get it painted, my wiper cowl, my hook, and my fender. Ill probably be spending plenty $.

·
jrodgraphicanddesign.com
1,057 Posts
i have to say, i use dent wizard this past spring and it was well worth the $200....he took out 4 lil dings i had, all from morons opening their doors and not respecting others...anyways...he did all 4 in bout 15 min...they were all on doors..cant even tell they were ever there.....if you call them, they will give you a free estimate

1 - 15 of 15 Posts