S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
i know enuf to know thats a rip off...you can get a used one or remanufactured for way less than that...anyplace that rebuild comps will have one, with the clutch, and a warranty. other than that youd need to make brackets and devise a way to run a larger belt and/or use a tensioner. You could add a pulley to another one on the truck and run it off that. I know ive read on this site about engine driven on a 2.2. try searching.
good luck

·
Registered
86 Posts
futures how to is good and gmcathome is right. That dude in Graham Texas does do the rip off thing. I bought a couple of compressors for that price. You can usually find them at the junk yard cheap and or find them at a autoparts store for about 30 bucks or so from what I have heard. Trying to find one with a serpentine clutch is kindof tough. Since the only years of vehicles that I have found them on use a v belt style. have fun they work great when you get them going,
mike

·
the spl king
298 Posts
thats not to bad of a price

i know most compressors go for about $80 or so from an autoparts store
the clutch is for a serpentine is $110 from onboardair

but they also sell a pulley with serpentine/v-belt that runs off the alternator thats sells for $40

also most junk yards, u can get a york with a v-belt clutch for about $30

and the brackets, your gonna have to make your own, or have someone make them for you

laters

1 - 5 of 5 Posts