S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone know about SBC’s

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Salty Crusty 
#1 ·
What’s up guys,

Im looking at this engine block and parts but I’m not sure about all the numbers and stuff. Does anyone know what this is worth? I’m looking at purchasing it.

here’s some photos.
Auto part
Snout Stone carving Drawing Artifact Metal
Auto part Metal
Sky Font Stock photography Photography Darkness
Sky Tree Photography Soil Rock
Darkness Photography Still life photography Night
Design Font Architecture Photography Metal
Head Skin Carving Relief Human

See less See more
#2 ·
It's an antique 67 or 68 396 cubic inch BBC. Probably a 325 or 350 HP.
If you're planning to put it in a S10 there are lighter better choices than a 52 year old BBC.
Fully assembled they're heavy unless you plan to buy expensive aluminum heads for it.
The cost of those heads would buy you a nice 5.3, 5.7, or 6.0 LS engine that is lighter, more powerful, and more efficient.

#5 ·
@Lonnie P the guy want 500 for the block, crank, and the orange heads. I don’t think it’s worth it in hopes of finding the dude with the matching car. Not to mention the he could be the guy with the matching car. Haha. I could see hot that could pay off tho. Thanks for the input

#9 ·
^ sure not going to get any argument from me!
A buddy in high school had a '69 Z28. It was hard for me to learn how to drive because it took so much throttle to get going with the big cam.
But man, oh man, that thing would fly when it was revved.
It didn't have much trouble with 396's but a well tuned 427 or 454 would wipe up the streets with a 302, the torque just ain't there.
Once wrenchers figured out that a big block could rev just about as high as a 302, everything changed. And bigger bores with heavier pistons didn't affect it as much as most thought, including myself. Once you've been around a 565 that shifts at 7500, the lightbulb goes on above your head and your view of the world changes. At least mine has!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.