S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering the dimensions of a tailgate filler for a first gen. I am thinking it is just a straight panel but not sure if there is a body line to match? I am going to try and weld in my own so any help appriciated....all I know is to use 18 guage steel. Where exactly does it weld up? I have an idea where to weld it but want to make sure. Thanks:zipit:

·
Registered
272 Posts
I went to the steel yard and got a chunk of 18 guage for the tailgate and it was about $15. Im at school right now but next week ill be able to tell you the exact size

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is just a flat panel then? Thats what I want ot know. I can just buy a sheet and cut it to fit, but I was wondering if there is a body line to match?

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
Shoot man forget all the measurements....if you want to make your own just go back to then junkyard, find you a Blazer tailgate skin, and cut the thing in the middle of the body line (if you're gonna fill it) and graft the 2 together. It's just like putting a skin on, except you make it yourself. Hope this helps...
Chris

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS FOR THE IDEA! How exactly does that work? Where is the best place to cut and weld if your putting on the blazer skin? Is it still the same size as my tailgate or should I cut below the body line?

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
If you are going to shave the body line the best place to cut is IN the body line....you're going to have to do Bondo work in there anyway, so why do any extra work?? If not you can cut below the line and do the work from there...
Chris

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
here's a pic of my sir mikes filler panel before i got it put on. upper bodyline was not included.

remember to fill on the sides of the gate where the indention is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts