S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you don't abuse it, you'll love it. They are good units but if you like to drive hard, they don't seem to hold up too well for me. If you have the 28 spline axles, I would go with the Zexel Torsen you can get from SLP Online for 99 bucks!! If you want to see what a nuked Auburn looks like, go to our website tomorrow or Friday to check it out. This one was smoked by a 93 S10 extended cab Phantom dually with a STOCK 4.3!!!! Yes he may drive a little hard, but a 4.3? I will post a pic of it once we get it on the site. If you want to check for it, just go to Broken Parts on the site. Here is a link to our site:

Chevrolet Power Webpage

·
Registered
6 Posts
We tried the Auburn rearend in our trucks at work and found them to wear the cones out very quickly. If you dont turn all that much they might last longer as the wear occurs everytime you turn. You also have to run the special additive in the oil. These were behind 2.5 with automatics so I can't see any improvement over the stock Eaton carrier other than the governor parts and clutches wearing out and breakingon the Eaton with replacement parts avail as opposed to the Auburn where the cones and the corresponding cups wear out and no replacement parts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts