S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished checking this on mine and the wires were starting to wear through just like they said.

A/C System - Inoperative

File In Section: 01 - HVAC

Bulletin No.: 00-01-38-008

Date: October, 2000

TECHNICAL

Subject:
A/C Inoperative
(Repair Wires and Reroute Harness)

Models:
2000 Chevrolet and GMC S Truck Models With 2.2L Engine (VIN 4 - RPO LN2)
Built at Shreveport Assembly Plant (Plant Code 8) and Prior to VIN Breakpoint Y8302995

Condition
Some customers may comment on no A/C.

Cause
This condition may be caused by the A/C compressor clutch coil wire being pinched between the coolant outlet pipe and the air cleaner resonator assembly, resulting in damage to the wires.

Correction
Repair any damaged wires. Reroute the A/C compressor clutch coil and engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor wire harnesses to a new location. Use the procedure listed below.

1. Remove the air cleaner outlet resonator. Refer to the Engine Controls sub-section of the Service Manual for removal procedures.

2. Inspect the harness at the pinched location (1) and repair any damaged wires. Refer to Wiring Repairs in the Wiring Systems sub-section of the Service Manual.

3. Reroute the harness to the new location (2).

^ Disconnect the A/C compressor clutch coil connector.

^ Route the harness over the coolant outlet pipe and run the harness along the back side of the spark plug wire hold down.

^ Reconnect the A/C compressor clutch coil connector.

^ Disconnect the ECT sensor connector.

^ Route the harness underneath the spark plug wires and reconnect the ECT sensor connector.

4. Install the air cleaner outlet resonator. Refer to the Engine Controls sub-section of the Service Manual for installation procedures.

·
Rollin' Low in the 619!!!
409 Posts
took mine to the dealer about 6 months after having it and the wires were worn through. the ac kept blowing the fuse. they replaced the wires and ran come conduit because it did not have any do begin with!!!!:bash:

·
Registered
21 Posts
All I can say is; that it is one of my worst fears! They are known for this particular problem. I know through some of my friends with Chevys that the compressor can go quickly if you have the habbit of starting your engine with the air on. I have no good solution right now but I will be happy to do some research and keep you posted. I am truly sorry to hear your problem and by helping you find a solution everybody wins!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts