S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems after lowering an Xtreme with a 2/3 drop with the stock whells? Also any pix would be great. Thanx in advance.

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
I have a 3/3 and the wheels rub in the front drivers side when the nose sets down through a right hand turn. but dan, a.k.a. weasel has a 3/3 or 2/3 at the least with no rub. just get some real stiff shocks.

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
No Problems

Other then the ground effects kit, the Xtreme is the same as the regular Zq8.

Even rubbing should be minimal if you go spindles and blocks. I ran that way back when and had no problems at all. The only concern with the Xtreme would be the front chin spoiler rubbing.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
you guys cut the bumpstops and brackets out of the rear?

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
I would either cut the bump stop lower or cut out the whole bracket and reatach the rubber stops.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
you wont hit the frame and axle together w/o the brackets will you?

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
nope

U sholdn't have a problem unless u hit a really big bump. Even then you should be ok.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i hope so i'm gonna try it i'm gonna cut bumps off to the frame and probably move the brake lines out of the way a little.....see what happens i have 3 inch blocks on top of zq8...i dont think they will hit....i'm gonna put stock shocks on for ride comfort....thanks for the input!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I dropped mine 2/3 and running the 245/50/16's I had more rubbing than those using 235/55/16's if you upgraded the tires you will want to cut some of the fender flare.....this is how I did mine....I used a dremel type tool and a small sanding drum and taped off where I wanted to grind and filowed that line....if you set the rpm's high enough it will basically melt through the plastic leaving a nice smooth edge....its not hard, just remember when you turn and hte body leans the back of the wheel is the part sticking out, not really the top.....so remove some material all the way up.....I left about 1/4" at the top and tapred off and blended it in....looks factory.....

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i heard horror stories about brake lines being cut once you cut your bump stops out....anyone know?

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
never heard of that

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
I've heard you have to be careful not to pinch the brake line in the back when you do a drastic drop, but I don't even remember where I heard that.
I would go with Jeff's opinion......... :thumbup:

(that's a scary thought..... trusting a man's opinion :bah: )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts