S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
here is the pic I have of mine. jsut bought the truck 3 weeks ago and it needed some work so havne't even driven it yet!! if you have questions about how close soemthing is i might be able to anser them!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
What happened to the insisde of the engine bay? Looks like everything's rusted or corroded? :(

·
Registered
109 Posts
it has been sitting for a few years unused!!! plus i dont think it was made 'show quality' when the swap was done. jsut needed to run not look pretty!!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RedSpeck_09 said:
you going with a supercharger or a turbo?
going to try twin superchargers, with twin aftercoolers...also wanted to see where the booster is when engine is installed...thinking about getting the booster moved under the cab floor

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks AVTekk... that first pic is just the amgle ive been looking for..im thinking that the booster will be in the way for this.. was going to try to find a way to have one on each side of the motor... maybe ill just ditch the super charger idea

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think I need to take my picture off of here.....dam AVTekk that is one clean looking engine bay. hopefully mine will look that good some day, but you can see what I have to start with!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think you might have to relocate the compressor if you go with that kit.....might be cheaper to buy a compressor and fab everything else up yourself. Of course, I am assuming you have the means, if you are thinking of doing all of this work. Good luck, sounds like you are going to have a [email protected]$$ truck when you are done!

·
musical engine builder
2,024 Posts
you could install a rack instead of having the steering box. i don't know if anyone's try this but i thought i'd suggest it.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
here is mine i made me alot more room by shaving the heater box

·
General L33
1,947 Posts

·
General L33
1,947 Posts
Thanks for the compliments, I looked into powder coating, took too long, too time consuming/expensive/fragile.

When I did the LT4 conversion, the intake was powdercoated red, looked rice. I block sanded the ridges on top of the intake and polished them and the fuel rails out, then I sanded the intake and the block down, hosed everything w/ brake cleaner to get rid of the grease/oil, then sprayed everything w/ Duplicolor Engine Enamel # DE 1620 from NAPA, has ceramic in the paint so it holds up to high heat conditions. I went through about 3 spray bombs doing the block, oil pan, intake, and misc stuff. Also, going w/ the spray bomb, it's easy to touch up if anything happens and cheap to replace. After I got finished spraying everything and it dried *heat lamp from Home Depot*, I threw some polish on it to get rid of the overspray/protect it, looks great! Don't worry about little flaws, just about everything is covered up w/ hoses/wires, I about had an ulcer on somethings that just weren't worth worrying about.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/colors/highheat.html

I also smoothed out the accessory bracket, filed down casting flash, etc, and sprayed it w/ silver/aluminum paint, dried it, than polished it as well, looks awesome, just like powder coating (used Eagle 1 Wet).

Good luck man.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts