S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dropped At Birth
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done deleting front inner wheel wheels, notching frame for tie rod ends and installing art lca. I have removed the inner skeleton if the fenders also. When i lay the front and rear out, the fan touches the shroud. I have the firewall bolts and 2 core support bolts in each fender as a mach up. Question is, would this not be enough harware to keep the core suport straight, or when i finish the wheel tubs and bolt ever thing together for good, should it be okay then? I have the core support maxed out as far forward as it will go. What could be causing it to tweak in when delfated??

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
how much do you have cut out for the bags?

The fan hitting on the up/down part of the shroud, or is it shifting to the left/right?

·
Frame Laying Member
2,068 Posts
maybe your laying on your exhaust or something, and it angling your motor which is causeing it to hit the shourd. when i laid mine out the first couple of times my motor moved a little cause it was hittin the the exhuast but it never hit the shroud.

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
I had the same problem when we first laid my truck out. It turned out to be the engine and tranny were getting pushed up and getting out of alignment. So to fix it I had to raise both the engine and tranny so nothing was touching the ground besides the frame. Not a big deal to fix. ;)

Nate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts