S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
thats a big boy lol

I am going to say 8 BUT is it ofset allot?

If not the amount it sticks out from the pocket dare I say you fit a 9 up there?

·
Honest Abe's Fab Shoppe
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha... nah, its an re-8.

do they even make a 9"?! Its a pretty easy fit. I actually had to patch up the frame some from were it was cut before.... it WAS cut too much for just a airlift 2b7, but i only had a 1" upper cup due to laying 20's on stock/modified control arms.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
And more lift, right?

I want to run 8s on my truck

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
How would the ride compare behind/under axle compared to Firestone sleeves?

·
Honest Abe's Fab Shoppe
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
typically, yes, a 2b6 can max out your control arms... however, i'm running stock blazer spindles and barely legal unijoint control arms, so i SHOULD be getting alot more then just locking the stock control arms.

and re-8's have more travel, i think its a typo on their site. If i'm not mistaken, they get nearly 12" of lift.

ALSO. having a larger bag up front means the suspension is more responsive to pressure in the system. For example: if it maxes the suspension at 50 psi (i don't know what it maxes out at yet) then when you throw 150-200 at it, it will launch skyward. Thus how i used to hop around 4" on only 145 psi.

none-the-less, i mostly did it just for the wow factor. How many guys you know running re-8's in all 4 corners?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts