S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear people talk about it all the time, yet never seen it happen.. If you got pics, or even a vid of it happening.. post it up.

I would think the body of the car or truck would flex letting the air out before it happens.

·
Registered
313 Posts
ive seen it in person, most of the time its a window seal failure.
Im gonna look real quick on ******* but i dont think i'll find any. glass is very forgiving...

·
Mine Sweeper!
6,512 Posts
i've seen a video of a windshield breaking because the idiot took the seal out and braced the windshield hard to the metal surrounding

·
Registered
269 Posts
Search tommy mckinnie on y ou t ube

His truck Ho Problems has broken many.

They don't shatter into a million pieces though, just crack and crack.

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
I just busted a windshield last week. Couldn't have been caused by the rock kicked up by a semi on the highway. Nope, definitely the sub :rolleyes::D

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts

·
Negative 10
22,389 Posts
guy i went to highschool with was tryin to show off his camaros system in the parking lot. there were tons of people standing around and the back window blew out. it was pretty damn funny. his parents took the car away from him cuz they said he wasnt responsible enough

·
Mr. LowLyfe
63 Posts
i had an audiobahn 18'' aw1805Q in my civic coupe on a mtx 8100d 1100w amp w/ a ported enclosure and blew out my back window but had to hurry up and replace because was cold out....so not pics but it is possible

·
lets go get numb
393 Posts
its not almost as people think it is. alot of people lie and try to look cool by saying they did it. 1000 watts with even the most efficient woofers wont do it. its BS

I know people with 3-4k and 4 15s/6 12s all with stock windows

lying doesnt make you cool....

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
yea our van had 6 15's with 200,000 watts, and does 170+ DB and we have yet to break a window. the last time we did something broke loose inside the cab and hit the window. the time before that we was hammering some stuff when the hammer hit the window and put a good chip in it, so the next time we burped it. it cracked.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts