S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fully Bagged S10
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup i got the jvc kdax1 and i know i can hook the ipod nano to it does anyone have this? if so what cables did u use pics?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just got a nano two weeks ago, circuit city told me they wanted 140$ for the connector/interface, so I hit up ebay and got one for 20$ + shipping so I paid about 30$ total for the wire.

Heres the link to his ebay auction, he sells the connection kits for just about every HU out.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZspecialty2002

I didn't get one with the interface, but I still love it. That dude is cool too, send him an email with a question, you get a response within 30mins. Shipped within 3 days. :D

·
Got Boost?
1,276 Posts
i got this "y cable" off of http://www.installer.com/aux/index.html . All you need is an auxilary input, set of red and white cable, in the back of the headunit. Then out comes a headphone jack. Cost me $7.99 and hasnt failed me yet.

·
Got Boost?
1,276 Posts
thats if you want all that stuff. If you want a simple fix i goto installer.com

·
Mine Sweeper!
6,512 Posts
i went with the aux input and then the RCA to headphone route. the aux input gives about 3" leads of RCA female connectors then the cable to headphone plug works great for my iPod video. this setup would also work for the nano. and the whole deal cost me $21. the interface for specific brand headunits I would be wary of...take your iPod to best buy and try out the interface on one of their radios before you buy one and see if you like the interface. the controls of the interface for kenwoods at least arn't all that spectacular...

·
X-10 4 LIFE
171 Posts
my friend bought the interface for his pioneer and he loves it he was able to get rid of all his cds and only caries the ipod plugs it in the glove box and controls it from the screen he has a 6.5" screen though

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
JVC makes an interface also. Try like a best buy. around 100 or so. I am sure on their website it will tell you which model is works with. The only thing with those adaptors is sometimes you need to update your firmware in the ipod for it to work correctly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts