S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
I've heard of it, but personally would not get one. I'm sure it would work fine, but i would stick with hypertherm, or miller for a plasma. it might be a bit more than you are willing to spend, but i put a ton of hours on mine and it has definitely been well worth the money.
Plasma Cutter, Inverter, 625 X-TREME - Plasma Arc Cutting Equipment - Amazon.com

It really depends on what you are going to use it for. if you plan on doing general cutting like you would with a torch then that is fine, but if you plan on using it to cut sheets of steel with minimal cleanup, i would suggest getting a different brand because that drag tip is just a cheap wire and you wont get too precise cuts with that.
Untitled by bean4dip, on Flickr

it also has the ability to do a nice cut on 3/4" plate, but its just a tad out of the machines max "quality" cut range. though it can cut 1" plate but much slower.
Untitled by bean4dip, on Flickr

·
Layed Out Fabrication
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i would love to have something like that miller but i just not sure i want to put that much money into one. i know i will probably be cutting a lot of .25 but not sure i will be going over that that much. i looked at the Hobart ones too, i know some guys on here have their welders but don't know what there plasma cutters are like

1 - 4 of 4 Posts