S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
M.F.K.-No 1 rides 4 free
334 Posts
hey thats pretty inovative thinking if it actually worked. ive never seen anything like that. what kind of supercharger is that?

·
Starting from scratch...
3,349 Posts
hey thats pretty inovative thinking if it actually worked. ive never seen anything like that. what kind of supercharger is that?
Rat (a member of this forum) has been in the process of fabricating a roots-style blower setup for his 4.3 for a while now. It ran for a short while before a fuel leak occured, I believe, so he's still working out the kinks at last check.

·
I cant win for loosing.
3,226 Posts
I have a setup like that on my miata...remote mounted roots blower. Works really well, and the only problem with the whole setup is the same problem with all the blown/turboed dimes...fuel.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
I have a setup like that on my miata...remote mounted roots blower. Works really well, and the only problem with the whole setup is the same problem with all the blown/turboed dimes...fuel.
pics?
still the 4 banger or a v8 in there?

·
Takin' it to the Xtreme
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is there some kind of tuning program that can help compensate this problem? Like bigger injectors and some kind of datalogger like HpTuners or something?

·
I cant win for loosing.
3,226 Posts
I still have the 1.8L 4banger in the miata. No V8...yet...

As for the fueling on a dime....Yes there are tuning programs that can help such as:

LS1 Edit
PC Tuners
Tunercat
HP Tuners

But with the stock manifold and injection system, you cannot upgrade to larger injectors, without changing the manifold to a Edelbrock 2114 that has been machined to accept injectors, or a manifold from a marine 4.3 with MPFI. Sure you can use a fuel pressure regulator but our injectors max out really fast, and that is only a bandaid type system.

Some people have had good luck with extra injector controllers, and done correctly they will solve the problem, but the bigger issue is the large mass of crap(see injection system) that resides INSIDE the intake manifold blocking all your airflow.

Do a search for 2114, or 4.3 MPFI and you will see what Im talking about. Be prepared to spend about 2-3 grand just to upgrade to an injection system that will allow you to run enough boost to really make a difference.

There have been a handfull of guys on here that have made good power with teh stock injectors. 02Vortec is one of those guys, he is running 11 psi on the stock system, with a AFPR, and a fuel pump, but he is also thinking about adding meth injection I believe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts