S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sounds like you haven't been there in a few years. They have new launch pad, staging lanes, return road, bleachers etc. They changed owners a few years ago and they're making a lot of improvements. Helluva drive from Ottumwa tho. BTW I think the official mascot of Ottumwa is a pothole! Did a fair amount of work in that town when I was a well driller. You racing Super Comp/ Quick Rod with that monza?

·
It Has Been Awakened
1,930 Posts
well driller huh? how cold does your ass get on that job? i always hear the "cold as a well digger's ass" thing.....maybe its just a kentucky thing though...

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The one I heard all the time was "What ya drilling for, oil?" BS replies usually followed. Cold as ... definitely not just a KY thing.

·
potholes SUCK!!!
173 Posts
Rhansen said:
Sounds like you haven't been there in a few years. They have new launch pad, staging lanes, return road, bleachers etc. They changed owners a few years ago and they're making a lot of improvements. Helluva drive from Ottumwa tho. BTW I think the official mascot of Ottumwa is a pothole! Did a fair amount of work in that town when I was a well driller. You racing Super Comp/ Quick Rod with that monza?

i was just there a few months ago for ET finals. we were parked way out in BFE in the dirt. i spent 3 days cleaning the car after we got home.

we were there 4 years ago and the car ran 3/10's quicker and drug the bumper when it launched.

anyway....we just bracket race and run quick 16 races.

·
Xtremely Pimpin'
202 Posts
hey i know quita few people that go out there. i never have however. rhansen know of any clubs around the area?

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can't say that I do but I've never checked - all I'm interested in (with my truck) is bracket racing. It's not pretty to look at, just a POS (read sleeper).

·
Xtremely Pimpin'
202 Posts
ahh thatz cool

1 - 12 of 12 Posts