S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ask me if I care
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my cat is busted again. I've been bagged since May. In Sept my original cat went (the stuff inside was knocked loose and it clogged up). I assume its from too many 90 to 0psi truck slams or from smacking something while cruising too low. I replaced my cat and here I am two months later and it seems like the stuff inside has broken loose again. I mean geez, two months and its busted again. Anyone else going through cats like I am especially since ur bagged? I would just hollow it out but I dont like how it sounds and it throws a code when its gutted.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
02 simulators from casper electronics will keep it from throwing a code if u decide to just gut it, i havn't had that problem yet but i think only my muffler drags when i air out so i guess i'm lucky

·
Ask me if I care
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dunno, figured no need too i guess. the only thing really kissing the asphalt is the crossover pipe. it doesnt look like the cat suffered any major trauma so like I said I guess its breaking b/c of the shock of too many truck 90- 0psi truck slams. However, what exactly do you mean raise the exhaust? what is involved with that?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i think he means breaking the welds holding the exhaust in place and lifting it up a few inches and welding it back on, it's not too hard to do if you have a welder and grinder

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
what cat???? :)

fl has no emmision insepctions or inspections for anything a that...its a great thing...:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts