S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about goin to a darker dash and im playing with the idea of the interior paint...can i get any comments from people that have done it? Is it really worth the time?

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
i've done, and still kinda in the process of painting interior....i think it's worth the time if you want a custom look..

i need to repaint my vents tho, and i'm thinking about trying this stuff. a bit pricey, but looks like it might work a lot better.

the paint i have used already, is duplicolor from autozone, about $3 a can, so not too terribly expensive, but you will need to take your time while painting, or else you will have many problems, and it might not look all that great.

i was lookin for pics of mine...but i don't have any on the net yet....

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i did the interior painting, heres what i did, first get your color, i used some glossy red in a krylon, washed all the parts i wanted to paint real good then layed about 3 coats of paint on them with about 3 coats of clear on top, came out perfect! xtreme_21

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
PhatSS10 said:
I am thinking about goin to a darker dash and im playing with the idea of the interior paint...can i get any comments from people that have done it? Is it really worth the time?
check out here for interior painting

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
check this out

i used dupli color's mirage paint from kragens. it was 20 bucks for it and it comes with primer, color, and clear. this pic doent do it justice. i also did my dash surround andam working on my center console. let me know what you think.:drinkhaha

Attachments

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
did you have to sand those pieces smooth or did you just pant it. just curios coz those pieses have a factory rough surface.

btw they look awesome.

·
2,186 Posts
thanks

i sanded them, it was a pain in the ***$! :mad: it took a long time to get them smooth, and there is still a little texture left. over all i like it though:D catch ya later!:drinkhaha

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Re: check this out

MightyMouseJ5 said:
i used dupli color's mirage paint from kragens. it was 20 bucks for it and it comes with primer, color, and clear. this pic doent do it justice. i also did my dash surround andam working on my center console. let me know what you think.:drinkhaha
More pics???

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
very nice.

i've always thought that all the 97-up s-trucks have a tach. thats wierd.

·
2,186 Posts
i am kinda glad that i dont have an in-dash tach cause i plan on running a MSD ignition system and am gonna run a seperate autometer tach.

·
2,186 Posts
my truck is forest green metalic. the color change paint goes from an almost identacle forest to an aqua to purple. in different kinds of light it looks different too, like gold or lime green and even burnt orange.

·
2,186 Posts
my interior

rmducati said:
wtf? show some pics bro, sounds interesting
sorry dude, wrote that kinda quick. i was talking about my interior paint. ill try to get some more "in the light" pics sometime this week.:D

·
ATELOPHOBIC President
118 Posts
Re: thanks

MightyMouseJ5 said:
i sanded them, it was a pain in the ***$! :mad: it took a long time to get them smooth, and there is still a little texture left. over all i like it though:D catch ya later!:drinkhaha
What kind of sand paper did you use and where didi you get that paint

1 - 20 of 27 Posts