S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Got Mud???
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm thinking about putting a powerdyne supercharger with 7psi of boost on my '99 S10 Blazer. I think the tranny and clutch will hold up, but what about everything else?!?! the transfer case and rear/front differentials are my main concern. I have the New Venture 5 speed trans with the new venture transfer case. We aren't talking bout anything too radical, maybe 300hp at the flywheel...Max. I don't like the idea of nos on a 4x4.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
i got a worn out a/c compressor that whines like a blower :) everyone asks me if its blown i just say yeah :) go ahead and blow it if you want. if you got the $$ to dump on a sc then you probly got enough to swap out the axles. you will probly get away without havin to swap axles n stuff if you dont wheel it too hard. the transfer case will probably hold up to the power fine but the front diff i think would be the first to go

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
is it a ZR2, or just a regular 4x4? if just a regular, you might want to change to a 8.5" rear. not too sure how the 7.625 would hold up...

·
Registered
653 Posts
Heck just run what you got till it brakes. Lots of stuff could happen before that happens. The engine could go or someone could run in to your truck or whate ever. Then all those $$ for nothing. When it breaks replace it. 7psi is not that radical you will probbaly be just fine as is.

·
Got Mud???
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it's just a regular 4x4, but can i get by with just swapping the rear or front diffrential or do you have to do them both at the same time, this is my daily driver so I don't want to go too extreme. And no I don't have all kinds of money, that's why I want more bang for the buck, you can only bolt on so much stupid stuff before taking the plundge. Plus since the supercharger comes with air intake and chip, their is no point in installing an aftermarket one if you know your going to boost it. Right? All I should need is the kit and exhaust to complete the cycle and I'll be gettin' after it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
your rear is fine, the 7.625 isnt much difference than the 8.5 IMO. if you swap, go with something alot stronger, not just a little bit.

like he said, the front will go first. and you cant swap your front unless its a custom job and you know what you are doing. i only know one person who has put in the full size IFS. now if you go SFA......

but you said this is your DD, if so, those options shouldnt be considered. put it in, your truck will be fine, but your motor mounts wont:p

·
Registered
69 Posts
front should be ok in soft terrain, traction will give before any serious problems, don't do a red light 4 wheel luanch for extra traction unless for a lot of (enough to replace front axle) and u know u will win lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts