S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting my 1989 S10 2WD back together after a long time sitting disassembled. This line is part of the wiring harness under the dash. This part of it goes through the firewall pretty much dead center according to the hole in the firewall. I just can't figure out what it plugs into. Any thoughts? Thanks

·
Registered
‘95 LS 2.2L Manual RWD
331 Posts
Are you asking what the hose is for or are you asking what the harness plugs into? The hose is the vacuum hose for your HVAC door actuators.

·
Been there Done it
11,874 Posts
Looks like a cruise control harness.

Reactions: Hoosier Rick

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right, I know that the hose is the HVAC hose. What I don't know is where it plugs in. Also, more importantly I don't know what the electrical connector is for or where it goes. I don't find anything with that matching connector on the engine harness. It looks like it used to be plugged into something though. It's got wear marks on it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think it's the CC harness. The CC controller is on the left inner fender. This hose and wire set will only reach 18-20" from the distributer location where it comes through the firewall.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oldeerslayer is correct after all. I dug out the cruise module to rule that out completely and by golly that harness plugs right in. I have the under-dash harness laid out wrong apparently :( , I need to move that grommet over by the drivers left foot. (new firewall without any holes in it to start with).

·
Engineer
2003 S10 4.3L 4wd Crew Cab
96 Posts
Here's a handy diagram for the hoses.

Attachments

·
Been there Done it
11,874 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts