S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looking at different wheels for my 92 and trying to see what will fit what. Do you know the backspace on these 2nd gen wheels?

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4.5 BS , no offset
how can it be no offset if it has 4.5bs on a 7" wheel? A 7" wheel with no offset would have a 3.5" bs wouldnt it?

·
Been there Done it
14,863 Posts
The backspacing is 4.00000 inches because the overall width of a 7" stock wheel is 8" and it's centered with 0 offset.
Half of 8 is 4.

• Helpful
Reactions: Brawndo

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh I didnt realize that but I guess its true because to measure backspace you put a straight edge across the back of the wheel and measure to the bolt holes.

·
Been there Done it
14,863 Posts
Seems you now have this offset/backspacing totally figured out.
BTW, IMHO those swirlie wheels are the ugliest aluminum wheels ever put on an S10 from the factory and if you plan to poke them a couple inches to look cool, they won't.(n)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seems you now have this offset/backspacing totally figured out.
BTW, IMHO those swirlie wheels are the ugliest aluminum wheels ever put on an S10 from the factory and if you plan to poke them a couple inches to look cool, they won't.(n)
Not totally figured out but Im getting close. Well I was going to powder coat them gloss black but they are too narrow anyway only 15x7. I want 15x8s. I will do some measuring and see exactly what backspacing I need for the 245/60/15 on 15x8 and what size spacers if any I will need to get the look I want, with the tire the same distance to the frame rail as it is now with the 205 on 14x6s, and with the least wear and tear on my bearings, tie rods, ball joints etc. and no rubbing or trimming of sheet metal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts