S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody run an Air Ride Technologies "AirBar" bolt-on unit on the rear?
I plan to do a 2/3 or 3/4 drop on my '98 Sonoma X-cab using spindles in front, and was wondering if anybody has experience with the AirBar setup...

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Ive installed a couple, it is a well constucted unit and easy to install, but it isnt made to work with notches in the frame so it wont lay out if thats what you are looking for. Any specific questions on it?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
AVTekk-
Thanks for the response.
I posted in a hurry and shoulda included questions...

I'm not looking to lay frame, I just wanta do a 3/4 drop and get better handling and ride.
How does the AirBar unit ride, assuming you have good shocks?
How about handling?

What kinda bags do they use? Are replacements generaly available, or only from Air Ride Tech?

Thanks again!

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Rick X sorry to whore your thread but my questions could possibly help you as well...What size notch would be needed to lay out with the airbar and also is it able to hit side to side??

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
The AirBar will not layout unless you have short tires, end of story. You can notch the frame but that may end up leading to broken shock mounts and the rear is gonna hit the bed floor.

The AirBar rides good, and handling is improved over leafs simply because of the wishbone 3 link it uses. The kit uses the F9000 sleeve bags which provide a smoother ride in the rear compared to double convoluted bags. Replacements are available from any reputable Firestone dealer.

·
Dey took rrr jobs!!
4,322 Posts
I run the airbar and it rides fine. You can click my sig for pics but they arent good quality.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
can an Airbar work on a 2WD 2DR blazer? I'm looking to replace my truck with something bigger.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the info guys!

Grim-
Your truck is pretty-much like the look I'm aiming for...

How far is your drop?
What did you use in front?

What size wheels/tires?
Did you install the AirBar yourself, or can you recomend a shop in Memphis?

I appreciate your input!

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
I have the old style air bar ART said if I use 2" blocks I can lay frame with a 2.25" notch! but I keep breaking shock mounts so I will fix that first. as for ride verry nice but I would not go racing with it!!

I have 215/45/17 rubber and I am 2.5" from laying frame (without notch). the install is real easy to do with a friend.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
why even spend the money on the air bar when jason will hook you up with what you need to lay for cheaper

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who's Jason?

Why:
It's my daily driver - I just wanta go for a 2/3 or 3/4 drop.
Also, I'm away from home for the next few months and I got no shop space and don't know any shops that can do an install.
If I can't do it myself on jackstands in 1 to 1-1/2 days, I can't do it at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts