S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just curious if anyone has trouble hitting the brackets that hang down off your frame. they are the ones that hold up the crossmember for the carrier bearing. this would only be on an extended cab i think. but anyway, thats one of the first things that i rub on.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Of course everyone with a 98 plus does, You can get the suicide doors carrier bearing that raises it up and you dont have to worry about that as much. It is not to hard to install as long as you have the right tools. its about 50 bucks, suicidedoors.com

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, cool i might cut a little off the bottom of the bracked for now, just to get a little more clearance

·
Honest Abe's Fab Shoppe
11,738 Posts
dan_5505 said:
ok, cool i might cut a little off the bottom of the bracked for now, just to get a little more clearance
dont' do that, then you will hit the carrier bearing x-member itself and possibly do some serious damage to your truck.

http://www.suicidedoors.com/S10CarrierBearing.php

they are fairly inexpensive and are a life saver with ext cab (and long bed) trucks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, i wont do that, but i looked at the picture on your link, and it looks fairly easy to make yourself, would that be a bad idea?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts