S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, do you like it, does it hold up, how does it look?
Any advice or tips on putting it on??
Any opinions?

Thanks................

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
i suggest you spend the money and go for the rhino liner. it might cost a bit more but it's in there forever. it would never peel off. you can even trow a brick at it and it still looks good.

just my .02

·
frequent flyer
43 Posts
I just put herculiner down in the bed of my truck and am very happy with the way it turned out.Mine was a PITA because my truck had 20 years of dents and flaking paint I had to deal with first.Since your truck is fairly new you should be able to get away with sanding it good,wiping it down and rolling it on.The $300 dollars I saved was worth the effort.

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well ive been thinking and i have decided to go with the herculiner, im getting it in red to match the rest of my truck........i just need something cuz right now my drop-in liner is eating up my truck............As long as the stuff doesnt peel off, ill be happy, its not like im gonna be hauling bricks in my truck so it should be good enough for me......and the money that i save will be going to something else for my truck........maybe an exhaust, or new tonneau, or step shavers, or...............this could go on forever......

thanks.....

·
up to sumthing
575 Posts
I have a red herculiner in my truck. Check out the pix in my sig. I have had it for about 3 months & it dosen't look too faded maybe a little but not much. Ohh I did scratch it when i had a transmission back there but I have some left over to touch it up with.

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
samdogmx- looks pretty good, i think i have made the right decision, ill try to post some pics and let everyone know how it turns out when i get it put on, i think im gonna wait untill it warms up though........

thanks, later:thumbup:

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
alright, i finally got it put in and i think it turned out pretty good. Ive had a couple people ask me if it was a line-x or rhinoliner, and when i told them that it is just a herculiner they were pretty surprised, it actually does have the same texture as a line-x and looks the same, but for sure it turned out good, and i am happy with it.. here are some pics, they arent the best but its all i have right now...

later........

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
oh yeah, i forgot, a word of advise to anybody who is going to put this stuff on, it stinks like hell, so make sure you have plenty of ventilation, and if you accidentally get some where you dont want it, wd-40 will take it off if its not completely dry..

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
It looks really good, i didn't know it came in other colors. Well, now that mine is a year old, the liner has come off were i didn't sand it enough, and it still shinny, so i plan on roughin it up, and putting some more down. got any pics of the tail gate?

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I put mine on in the fall of '99 and there's only one scratch on the side of the bed where i didn't put it that thick and my bike peg rubbed it lose but i just bought a little can of it and touched up the sides but for the money i thinks worth it, whenever go to show it i just spray it down with tire shine and it looks great.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
ok so how much should i buy and what are the steps to putting it on...any tips or anything...i like diy crap and i'm just putting it in for more of rust protecting purposes.....

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i got one of the kits that comes with a gallon of it, and i had just a little bit of it left. I had to wait forever for it cuz it was red, they had to special order it or something, but the kit comes with everything you need to do it and instructions. The hardest part of doing it was scuffing everything good enough. But considering all the money i saved it was well worth it.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Pison, it looks the same with the touch up, the dust always seems to stick to it real easy, but if you spray it long enuf it comes clean and make sure you stir it long to cuz the rubber seamed to be all on the bottom. its well worth the money spent

·
4wheeln & Layn-Body
207 Posts
Sonomazq8 you did a good job. There is nothing wrong with herculiner if you put it on right.
My bed is sprayed with Line-x and I am very pleased with it and it set me back about $250 and well worth it, but there is a awsome dude down here in New Mexico that gets down on the line-x.

The key to any sprayon liner or roll on is the preping step. If the bed is not preped and scuffed enough the herculiner will peel. Line-x is also good because it has a lifetime warranty and can take some hits I throw my wheelchair in my bed every day and it has never given me a problem.
but again it is all who does the job.
Props again Sonomazq8

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.