S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
How hard was the swap. As in exhaust manifolds, etc? I know the LS1 has an odd trans mounting pattern so you would need to buy it with the LS1. I was just curious if you used the stock LS1 manifolds and what frame mods or firewall mods may have been required. I just sold one LS1 and have one more I am going to sell. I may look into a low mileage LS1 and 6 speed for one of my next V8 swaps (That is after I am done with the warmed up LT4 and 4L60E swap in my 1994 S10.....).

You can e mail me with any details or just post them here.

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Z06 S10
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the manifolds cleared everything,the flanges had to be cut off and moved down...no problems with the firewall or the heater box....the cross member had to be notched and boxed about 1'' but it only took about 2 hours to do...... pretty easy.. the hardest thing to do was I had to add 5' of wire to each one of 80 wires to the pcm to get te computer to mount in th glove box (400' of wire) but it makes for a clean install.... p.s . DON'T order a after market harness ... the factory one works fine!!! you'll save 800 bucks..... it's harder to hook up a after market one to .....took about two weeks from start to finish.... :thumbup:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I guess I may start looking for a good low mile LS1 and 6 speed just to make things fun. Thanks for the info. If you want, go check out our site and tell us what you think. http://www.chevroletpower.cz28.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts