S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here competes in DBDrag or IASCA or MECA or anything? What's your best score? What does your system consist of?

My signature has my system in it...I hit a 144.3 with that....I hit 150 with 2 Rockford Fosgate BD1500.1's...one per sub at close to full power.
I'm in need of a sub amp now though...I'm probably getting a MMATS MD500.2

I've never competed, I have a friend with a Linear X mic system so whenever I change something I take it to get metered.

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
I'm workin' on my system to do it now. I'm designing my rack for subs and amps, so I'll have it ready for showin' this summer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Says in your sig that you're running Blaupunkt tunes..care to elaborate?

lemme throw a guess out first though....Nevada cd player...MPA500us, MPA680us and 2 12" Overdrive subs?

probly not even close but it's good guess right?

P

·
0 Posts
Hey Slingshot
I need a system but my truck is single cab and I cant lose any legroom
Also dont want to spend big big cash on it
What do u recommend

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ a new truck:whip:

I dunno man...what do you need? deck subs amp speakers? deck amp and sub what kind of combo would you be looking at? what price range?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oghhh man, Ok 600 you say?

lemme think....Can't go wrong with Kenwood for a deck I'm gonna say KDC-2019 because it's the best sounding deck I've heard for that price...it even beats the low end Alpine's.

that unit has 2 preouts however you'll proably want to run a 4 channel amp and a sub amp so I'll try to find an EQ with a sub preout for you.....again I'll go Kenwood just because they sound great...the EQ I would use would be the KGC-4042A.

On to amps....shouldn't be too hard to find a good 4 channel and sub amp for cheap because the selection is awesome....just to be different I'm gonna say the HiFonics Apollo series Son of Europa 4 channel amp should be enuff....it'll do 50X4 and I've never had any trouble with HiFonics...so the power should be true...on to the sub amp...I'm goin with the Ultimate Titanium TA2700 because I've used it and it's put out tons of power..plus it'll look nice sitting next to that HiFonics Apollo:D the TA2700 will do 200WRMS in to channels or 600WRMS in 1 channel and that's at 4 ohms..so take those power ratings and multiply by 2 if your running a 4 ohm DVC sub...because then you would be running the amp at 2 ohms.

I know were gonna be a little off on the price here but I'm gonna say you'll probably spend about 1000 to 1200 bucks but remember that this equipment is quaility stuff...

On to subs and then pricing out all this stuff.

I'd say you'd be happy with a pair of 10" subs with the power your getting from the sub amp...so I'll say Cerwin Vega HED series subs in dual 4 ohms coils....now to price all this stuff out.

Deck=$180-$200
EQ=$200
4 channel amp=$230
2 channel amp=$195-$200
Subs=$70 each.

Total cost= $970+ tax

hope that helped..if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

P

·
0 Posts
Thanks man
You sure do know your audio SH!T

Yeah 1 grand dont sound too bad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL that was fun actually...I enjoy building up budget systems for people....see what I can put together using what I've heard..now if only I could finish my system :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've spent ..oh for arguments sake we'll say 2 years researching and listening to different components in the system..then the past 2 years buying and installing....basicly the stuff on my sig has taken 4 years to get...but has been worth every second...all I need to do to finish off my system is buy and install the new sub amp....and actually my sig is not 100% correct..I'm not using an Alpine deck right now, I'm using my $500 Panasonic,it's just as good as far as I can hear:D

as for the truck, I'm actually PUSHING a :gay: 1994 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition...it's a beautiful truck for a Ford but I've been having tranny problems lately, so it's pissing me off...I'll see if I can shoot some pics up of it later on.

I don't even want to get into how much the system cost me though...I can tell you that my Alpine amp costs $650 and the total of my 2 decks is about $900-$1000...Wiring was not cheap at all and I'm rewiring this summer...switching from Orion wiring to Esoteric...should be about $800 plus new Audison RCA cables...maybe 1000 to rewire.

It's definatly not cheap but very much worth every penny.

P

·
0 Posts
Yeah my sister had a 92 explorer and blew the tranny
Now she has a 97 jimmy

You must be big into your music

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
Slingshot2 said:
Says in your sig that you're running Blaupunkt tunes..care to elaborate?

lemme throw a guess out first though....Nevada cd player...MPA500us, MPA680us and 2 12" Overdrive subs?

probly not even close but it's good guess right?
Your close, Xcept I'm runnin' 10s, not 12s. I can fit 3 10s and my amps in a W shaped box with the Amps on the outside of the W. I'll just have to post pics as soon as I'm done, bcuz it's too complex to describe in here. I don't want the cat out of the bag untill it's finished.
It'll be a work of art when I'm done:uhoh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea definatly post some pics man...I'd love to see it....I should try to get some pics up of my truck and system....I'm actually taking my system out of the truck for a while and then this summer I'm building a new amp rack and a fiberglass subbox...should be interesting since I dont' do much glassing...there's also a possibility that there will be some new subs being bought in the fall...gonna go with a pair od DD-3515's..should do 155 or so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts