S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some tips on how to tackle this? looks like a pita to do and glassing isn't an option because cash is low. any help is appreciated

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
look at his avatar i bet he wants it for a sub. i also want this but not much of a wood worker.

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
The false floor is stupid simple to make and requires basic of the basic wood working skills.

Something like this? If that is what you want then I can post up how I built mine later. Really dont have a pic without everything installed but it contours to the floor and sides

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah thats exactly what i want. just theres so many elavation changes in the floor i didn't know where to start

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
Well, these are not my pictures, honestly i copied the design years ago when i first joined the forum and i dont know who these belong so i cant give the credit deserved.

basically you make a frame like this.

the front piece of wood is a 2x6, same goes for the 3 pieces running front to back. and the rear piece you can use a 2x4 but sideways or get some 2x2.

what i did was make the front piece contour to the cab floor first, then the 3 supports.

then use cardboard to make a template for the curved pieces on the side.

trace it out on some 1/4" plywood or the wood of your choice and you are done! Just make sure you do not make the false floor too long or else when you flip down your passenger seat you wont be able to get it to re-lock because the seat cant go all the way back, pay attention to where the false floor stops, right about in the middle of the seat belt mount (right side of the pic). then you just need to cover it with some carpet. its a really easy design but works great.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Good idea man thanks for the info, but that way is going to mess me up. My box is going to be 40.5X15X24 that's right under the window line. This design is going to put me over the window line and dq me from the amateur class in meca

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So it would give about a 2 1/4" lift on the back wall?

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
You can give it a 0" lift on the back wall if you want, you just need to cut down the 2x6 to where the plywood is flush with the back step.

so basically do this design with a 2x4 instead of a 2x6 and then the the false floor should only raise you 1/4", which is the thickness of the top piece. even then who says you have to put the plywood over the rear step, just build the false floor to be level with that step. that way a portion of the box will be sitting on the rear step, and the other portion on the false floor.

also when i made mine i basically did a little notch for the Jack holder on the rear wall since i did not want to take it out.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can give it a 0" lift on the back wall if you want, you just need to cut down the 2x6 to where the plywood is flush with the back step.

so basically do this design with a 2x4 instead of a 2x6 and then the the false floor should only raise you 1/4", which is the thickness of the top piece. even then who says you have to put the plywood over the rear step, just build the false floor to be level with that step. that way a portion of the box will be sitting on the rear step, and the other portion on the false floor.

also when i made mine i basically did a little notch for the Jack holder on the rear wall since i did not want to take it out.
I'll take the 1/4" off the top and add it on the sides of the box. Thanks for the help man I really needed it. Ill post pics of my build if anybody is interested

·
My mirror hates my sub
9,463 Posts
mine is a little simpler, i didn't cut the sides in tight and it's just 2 pieces, top and front.

you can see it here, back is rested on the step in the back of the cab, and fits snug under the jack mount, front has just 1 cutout for the drive shaft tunnel

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice man. I think i might need the bracing though.
Amp is bad a*s bro. I got the BX2200D

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Not very pretty but it was really easy and cost me about 20 so I'm really pleased. Just waiting for the guy who is going to build my box carpet this too so the materials match

1 - 20 of 24 Posts