S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Squid Life
1,746 Posts
Re-pack the bearings, try to do it with out using the pickle-fork first, don't let the brake caliper hang by the brake line, use new cotter pins, trim the bottom of the brake back plate so it won't squeak, don't over tighten the rotor, don't let the spring come shooting out on you, and have plenty of beer on hand!

Good luck!

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Ok get the nuts loose but do not remove them then place a socket over the lower nut place a nut on a long bolt then place the bolt into the hole of the back side of the socket then place the head of the bolt at the top ball joint nut then just move the nut on the bolt so it puts pressure on the socket and just keep moving the nut until "BAAM" you bust them both loose!!

·
Squid Life
1,746 Posts
I just beat on them with a hammer until they popped loose.

L

·
0 Posts
djdaudio said:
Ok get the nuts loose but do not remove them then place a socket over the lower nut place a nut on a long bolt then place the bolt into the hole of the back side of the socket then place the head of the bolt at the top ball joint nut then just move the nut on the bolt so it puts pressure on the socket and just keep moving the nut until "BAAM" you bust them both loose!!

Thats a pretty snazzy idea... but I kinda like beating the ****ing piss out of my control arms.. lets out some fustration ..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts