S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got this 2002 zr2 and noticed built in the the arm rest is an old cd case holder... lol no back in my day 4 cds wouldnt cut it, i had about 300... lol anyways, its the digital age now, any fill in parts or cubby holes that dont look like cd case holders that snap in? thanks

·
Early Member
3,113 Posts
More than likely you will have to fiberglass over that section.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wouldn't mind it being open but look like a box instead of obviously being a cd holder... maybe ill try my hand at some fiber work. thanks

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I like working with plastic more than I do fiberglas.
Maybe buy a plastic welder and some sheets of plastic.
you can get creative and use a heat gun or oven and make shapes.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like working with plastic more than I do fiberglas.
Maybe buy a plastic welder and some sheets of plastic.
you can get creative and use a heat gun or oven and make shapes.
hell yeah, thats a cool idea... ill look into that

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
739 Posts
simple idea- sharp putty knife and a torch- heat knife and slice the fins out

·
Also A Grumpy Site User
2,033 Posts
Looks better than the ugly box, but you lose that storage space. I left mine open for smokes, tokes, my P11, whatever.

It holds a Samsung S9+ just right, and the top sticks out so you can glance at it and see the preview notification.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It holds a Samsung S9+ just right, and the top sticks out so you can glance at it and see the preview notification.
i have noticed how well it holds my s9 as well. lol i just want to clean it up so it doesn't look like what it obviously is... i think ill just cut the fins and wrap the inside with this gun grip stuff i have. just glad im not the only one who gives a **** about these small details. lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Crazy i stumbled on this thread.. had to sign up to share, I am actually right in the middle of cad drawing up a replacement for my cd holder to be 3d printed. Making a cubby just like you were saying.
I'm also replacing the coin holder slot with a panel where im wiring in usb charging outlets, as well as another set of outlets on the little pop out panel on the back of the center console for the back seats.
Just finished my custom switch panel to replace the factory flip down ash tray and cigarette lighter.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Crazy i stumbled on this thread.. had to sign up to share, I am actually right in the middle of cad drawing up a replacement for my cd holder to be 3d printed. Making a cubby just like you were saying.

Any chanse you will part with the blueprint when you are done? As someone with absolutely zero knowledge in CAD or 3d printing, but have friends with printers, it woule be very appreciated. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Would you sell me one?[/QUOTE]

Switch panel or the cd holder delete cubby? Either way I'd be happy to, I run a 3D printing and design company. More colors than the rainbow. Shoot me a pm when you get a sec.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
13 Participants
metalhdmatt
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing