S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have problems with repair shops not taking you cause you are too low. I live in hick vile usa and they turn me away. for simple things like exhaust. I have found a few shops to take me but it costs more and there father away.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i cant get an alighment cuz the shops around here say they cant get my truck on the racks. i told them to put boards down but then they say it will get hung on the rack :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
what drops do you guys have?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 5/6 drop with 205 60 series tires all around. It is really low 22 3/8 inch fender to ground height.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
oh i see

·
Registered
525 Posts
i didnt have a problem. they just were unsure if they could get it on the lift and how perfect they could align it when its lowered. i just told them to get it as close as possible. they got it on the lift and did the best they could. the wheels are straight but it cambers (cant fix that without spindles). im droped like 4'' with a 3" spring for a 4cyl (my trucks v6) it was an accident but it works.

·
Viva La Revolution
272 Posts
im in gnadenhutten ohio and i just had to pay 115 bucks for an alignment on my 5/5 drop at the honda dealership because they have a lift thats flat with the floor.
the other places were like 50 bucks but they wouldnt try it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
yeah i had troubles finding a place to allign mine, got shut down alot bcuz they wouldnt put it on the rack bcuz of my height, so i went to pep boys and they did it no problem, they said itd b hard to get it on the lift and i told em just hit the gas harder and drive it on there faster and they were like "that mayhurt something on ur truck" i said idc i need it alligned so try and get it on there....60$ later i was leaving...they said they couldnt guaruntee it being perfect bcuz of it being lowered but oh well it'll be aight for me..i have a 5/5.5 on my 94 dime if ur wandering

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
I can only take my 5/6 to 1 shop here,.. everyone else looks at me like I'm crazy,... :dunno:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts