S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SDimePimpin08
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my truck still has the stock navy blue paint and i have tons of scratchs all over my truck not huge and most people dont even notice but to me they are a big deal b4 i start to customize my interior i want to know what i am gonna go with on the outside and i really like candy green so does anyone know around how much it should cost? thanks

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
2500 in material alone.maybe another 2-3k in labor

·
Registered
595 Posts
man, i have no idea but i have heard its very expensive because it is very hard to lay candy colors correctly.

good luck and post pics

·
Suicided Member
2,531 Posts
Depends on your location, what type of paint and primer you will be using, and WHO will be laying the paint. Since there weren't alot of details given I am going to asume you are looking at just droping it off and saying paint it, so this is kinda an avarage for around here:
Paint and materials: $1500 - $3000
Labor for paint work: $1000-$2000
Labor for Prep work (sanding, ect.): $1000-$2000
You would also add a significant amout to this by having your doorjams, inner fenders, engine comartment, ect painted to match too. So roughly you're looking at $3500-$7000. And might I advise... DON'T take it to MACCO, caus eyou get what you pay for.
Now you may be able to save yourself some labor costs by having the truck prepped and ready for primer and paint when you bring it in.

·
sold the dime :(
4,586 Posts
yeah, if possible, prime and sand everything u possible can..and paint guys around here like when u help them tape and remove shit. my cousin had his painted and the dude took off alot of money for just removing the little things ahead of time. he removed tails, grille, lights, chrome bumper and mirrors. this way they dont have to! its weird when a little help helps u back... lol

and i aggree with the other guy. if u go macco u get a smacko! because youll be slapping yourself thinkin why would u take it to a cheap ass place like that! u got what u pay for! your wallet wont be as happy but you and your truck will.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts